Warning: Declaration of StatigramWidget::widget($args) should be compatible with WP_Widget::widget($args, $instance) in /var/www/app/wp-content/plugins/instagram-image-gallery/plugin.php on line 0
More Spring Stuff and My New Rule

More Spring Stuff and My New Rule

Well hello.

I don’t know what’s with me right now, but I’m like really excited for spring. That usually isn’t the case at all. This year just feels different for some reason.

Last year the most exciting thing that happened on the first day of spring was finding a ginormous head of cabbage at the Farmer’s Market. This year I’m excited about so many things I don’t even know where to start. I’m even pretty darn excited to go on a long run today. Now that’s just weird.

I taught a couple classes at the gym last night. Tried to convince some of them to run with me next weekend, but not sure if I had any takers. Ha.

The other day the boys and STUFT Daddy got a bunch of plants for the garden. They also got me some pepper plants.

2014-03-19 14.08.332014-03-19 14.09.512014-03-19 14.10.52

That’s right, more ghost chilies just like last year.

I learned a little something while I was there. Baby carrots are cut from regular sized carrots.

2014-03-19 14.13.03

Who knew?

I also learned that they boys really now their way around that place.

2014-03-19 14.16.322014-03-19 14.17.052014-03-19 14.17.572014-03-19 14.18.02

They take such good care of me. Seriously, luckiest wife and mama on the planet.

See, my special plants are already all set.

photo

I had to try to take care of them in return so I made some pretty fabulous homemade pizzas.

IMG_3088IMG_3090IMG_3092

That last one there is a grain free chicken pizza crust. I made it just like the grain free salmon pizza crust, but subbed in ground chicken instead. It was marvelous.

Oh, and randomly I revisited the 120 calorie grain free dark chocolate muffin. I hadn’t made it in so long, but was craving something super chocolaty the other day.

I followed the original recipe, but only used 1 packet of stevia in the raw as the sweetener (not the three packets like I used to use).

I forgot how yummy it is. Like, really yummy.

Even more so with a baked chocolate chip cookie dough Quest Bar on it.

So my new rule.

No phone, computer or work at night especially around dinner and getting ready for bed time. My only job is caring after my sheep.

2014-03-19 19.59.432014-03-19 19.59.45

Aren’t they cute? Yep, time is love.

We even got a great reminder. We can say “I love you” all the time, but it’s even MORE important to show our love.

2014-03-19 20.56.54

We’re all working on that.

Happy Friday!

Have you planted anything yet this year? Are you going to?

Did you know that about baby carrots?

What kind of rule do you have about computer and/or phone at night if any?

Comments

Amie K says:

Too early for plants in my land, still have 6-8 weeks to go for that. But yes, when we get warm weather I have a big garden. Tomatoes, peppers, herbs, leaf lettuce, radish, carrots, zucchini, patty pan. I live in the cornhusker state and would love to grow my own, but I get my corn at a CSA. I don’t have enough room to grow in my yard. Our farmer markets and CSA’s won’t open for some time. I really miss them!
    Yes, I have heard that about carrots. Seems like a lot of veggie manipulation, doesn’t it! Freash carrots from the garden is the best.
    My kids are grown. We had no TV or PC in their rooms. We did watch some tv in te evening, but it was amostly a group family thing. I had boys too, lots of sports on tv in the evening. I picked my battles carefully and tried to make things a battle, if that makes sense.

I have wanted to start planting my own vegetables for a while now, or at least a few but right now it is way too cold and I think I may wait until we move. Always not sure where to start, but I figure jump in and see what works!

I can’t wait for the farmers markets near me to open! And I love your new rule 😉 Perfect love!

Carson says:

My mind is blown by the baby carrot info. I’m not sure if I can buy them anymore, knowing what I know.

I cannot wait until our local farmer’s market gets going.

Denise says:

Never ran Vegas, but Rock n Roll Philly was my first half and I LOVED it. I always try and plant a garden but we never seem to grow enough to make it worth all the effort

I did know that about baby carrots …only b/c I just recently read it in a magazine and then next time I went shopping I bought real organic ones and couldn’t believe how much better they tasted!!!! No more babies for me…..literally!!! 😉

I haven’t planted anything yet, but want to start working on a little garden for our backyard. Might have to wait for next spring! I found that out about baby carrots a couple years ago and was very disappointed!

I have never planted anything. Seriously, I will kill ANY plant. I have really been toying w/the idea of an herb garden though. I want to start using them more in my foods. It seems like a huge commitment though. lol.

I’m going to plant some wild flower seeds this weekend! I got them as a wedding favor at a wedding. I knew about the baby carrot thing only because I was curious and looked it up a few months ago haha. So if you asked me a few months ago I would have said no! My rule is no phones at the dinner table or at restaurants unless you’re taking a picture or retrieving a piece of information or photo integral to your story or point haha. It’s a huge pet peeve of mine if I’m having a conversation with you and you’re checking game scores or work emails.

I knew about the baby carrots. I think they should have to label them as such.

I haven’t planted anything yet this year, I might plant some little things on the back deck, but we don’t really have a yard or the time for much gardening.

I don’t have any phone/computer rules at night, though I sometimes think I need a self-imposed no phone rule when I’m going to bed. I end up reading blogs and looking at pinterest for far too long!

LOVE the family pics as you know! BUT I have been trying to make better social media rules for myself. 🙂

I love your rule but if I gave up the computer at night I would pretty much have to give up reading blogs. After dinner is my time to actually sit down (sometimes for the first time all day) and read.
    I don’t plant stuff it is just cruel to the plant since it never lasts more than a week or two around me.

mp says:

FYI I think you will find that the calories on your chocolate muffin are off. It’s more like 160 calories. With my ingredients it is 70 cal for 2 tbl coconut flour, 50 cal for 2 egg whites, 40 cal for 2 tbl of choc coc powder. Maybe the stuff you use is different??? I know that different brands do have different calories and fat at times.