I Thought About It and the RMT Club

I thought about trying to look nice and not sporting pajamas like usual for date night Friday night. Didn’t happen.

2014-03-21 20.27.44

Not sure why I decided to pose with the Quarter Horse. How cool is that though? He makes noise when you put money in.

This Julian hard cider was really good by the way. I randomly bought it at Sprouts when I bought the other brew.

2014-03-21 20.57.32

Cherry bomb. Kitty photo bomb. They go well together.

I thought about not eating too much wasabi, but well, I can just can never hold back on the green stuff (or the ginger apparently).

2014-03-21 21.10.09

I thought this guy was asking for extra hugs yesterday morning when he was asking for “love”, but he was asking for Love Grown Foods Hot Oats instead.

2014-03-22 07.09.242014-03-22 07.09.16

I should’ve known.

I was hungry right when I woke up yesterday, so I thought chicken and an apple would be a good combo to hold me over until breakfast.

2014-03-22 07.31.58

Random, yes, but it was all I had time for before heading out the door to teach boot camp and it actually went pretty well together.

When I came home I threw together the few greens we had left in fridge to make a little egg white scramble.

2014-03-22 10.02.11

In the mix- egg whites, brussels sprouts, zucchini, turkey bacon and a bunch of different spices in coconut oil. I followed that up with a huge bowl of banana slices and strawberries.

I also went to a fitness training yesterday by David Weck, the guy that invented the BOSU. He has a new product and workout format using the Weck Method  RMT™ Club.

2014-03-22 12.08.33

Check this thing out.

2014-03-22 12.16.12

You can sure do a lot with a 4 pound club.

I couldn’t stay for the full training, but I can’t wait to do more workouts with it. There’s a news clip here I found that has a few of the moves he had us doing.

2014-03-22 12.03.412014-03-22 12.49.282014-03-22 13.47.25

I still need a little more work on my skill and coordination with the club, but one of my favorites is to slam it to the floor.

2014-03-22 13.13.16

Oh and I was super excited when I spotted Tamilee Webb in our training.

2014-03-22 13.25.40

You know who she is right? Buns of Steel workouts.

I had to fly my freak flag and tell her I used to do her original videos all the time back in the day.

I’m pretty sure I did this particular video pretty much every other day in junior high and high school.

You know, the original VHS. It was a pretty awesome lower body workout.

Man this brings back memories.

Please tell me I’m not the only one who had the full set of Buns of Steel videos.

Random, but my other favorite was Gilad Bodies in Motion.

Anyone remember this guy? I would do his workouts afterschool and secretly always wanted to be one of those girls in his videos. Funny stuff.

Before I go. Quick reminder today is the last day to register for the Carlsbad 5000 that’s next week.

600x600_MAMARUNSCBAD

Get $5 off (registration is $35 with discount) with code MAMARUNSCBAD.

The winner of the Run Like a Mother kit is #15 Tess. Email me your mailing address and I’ll send you your package.

Sunday’s plans are to get in a treadmill run early, bake some gluten free green banana bread with the boys, hang out with the family, do chores, stay far away from the computer, possible brave the Costco crowds and rest and regroup for the week.

Have a good one!

What are your favorite workout videos of all time (new or old)?

Did you ever do Buns Of Steel? Gilad? Maybe some Denise Austin?

What are your Sunday plans?

Comments

I never liked workout videos but I totally remember Gilad! lol. He used to be on TV years ago early in the morning and I must admit I attempted his workouts from my living room. Too funny. I was never ever good at the workouts from home aside from using the treadmill when I lived at home with my parents and it was too cold or too early in the morning to head to the gym or run outside.

90 minute spin! I have done a bit of p90x but honestly I really cannot work out at home! I know at some point I will have to (maybe if I ever have kids!) but the living room just does not motivate me!

Tess says:

Wait!!! You forgot to put Jane Fonda on the list with my other favorites you mentioned!!! Remember the pink leg warmers……..I do think some of those exercises are still around mixed with the new ways such as WECKMETHOD RMT Club. Enjoy your run, banana bread Costco and especially your FAMILY!!

I came down with a pretty awful cold so I’m still trying to decide what is in the books for me today. Probably a run of some sort though I have no idea where or for how long. Guess we will just play it by ear!

Michelle Kim says:

I totally did Denise Austin and GIlad in high school with my mom! It really brings back memories to hear those names ;)
    Mmmm sushi! I can’t really hold back on the wasabi either.

elizabeth says:

Sorry, I have never watched Buns of Steel, I didn’t get a workout dvd until about 10yrs ago when I started doing yoga. Sounds like you followed your passion, since you are now a workout instructor!
    I’ve been making this banana bread and really like it and I don’t usually like banana bread, it has almond and coconut flours, http://www.peanutbutterrunner.com/perfect-paleo-banana-bread-recipe/.
    I would like to slam that club to the floor too, is it a rubbery material, it looks like hard plastic?

Definitely did Buns of Steel, Sweatin to the Oldies, Denise Austin step tapes, and Gilad helped me through my big post-college weight loss. I worked dinner shift at a restaurant so I’d sleep late, do an hour of Gilad and run a mile. Every day. Along with the South Beach Diet, I lost 30 pounds in about 4 months. Good memories with Gilad :)

Lanna says:

HA- my fav DVD was Cindy Crawford, but I also did a few Gilad & Denise Austin. Ran the SD Hot Chocolate 15K today, so church & vegging out the rest of the day! Always over Wasabi- the eye water, can’t breathe for a few seconds, but it’s so durn good. LOL

Tricia says:

I so remember Gilad and buns of steel! It got me into fitness and now many years later I am a spin instructor,fitness trainer and runner. The funny thing is I was a senior in high school and I wrote to Gilad so I could go to Hawaii and be on his show!!!

Oh, yes!! I used to have the entire series of Buns of Steel!! Loved them and did them over and over!!!
    And, I still have some Denise Austin – I can only handle her in small doses but she has some good workouts.
    Very cool that you got to met TamiLee Webb!!!

I am pretty sure I am hungry now looking at all those food pics! ;)

That Weck club thing looks intense! Can’t wait to read more about it!

Hope your Sunday was an amazing day away from the computer!

Laura P says:

Omg, I loved Denise Austin! She was always so cute and perky! I remember watching Gilad on TV. I used to do The Firm videos, and Cathe Freiderich. I still think she’s awesome.

Kristen says:

I used to record Gilad on our VCR and do the workouts after school! Ahh memory lane.

Denise Austin Ab video still kills me to this day…although I haven’t pulled it out in years. I also had a Jane Fonda step and video…while probably listening to Olivia Newton John singing “Let’s Get Physical” in the background..oh the days!

Jill says:

I loved Tamilee Webb. Her Buns of Steel series were some of the first Workout tapes I did. Thanks for the Flashback.

HA! I had a couple of the Buns of Steel videos, but I don’t think I had the full set…but GILAD! He’s a whole different story! I loved his workout show…my Grandmother did Bodies in Motion religiously for YEARS! She absolutely loved him!!! For a period of time right after I had my first baby she had to come to my house because we had cable, and she was still on antennae, so I would do them with her. So many awesome memories with her while doing Bodies in Motion!! I always look to see if I can find it on TV still, but I never can. But I hear he is still going strong! Maybe it’s not too late to be one of the girls in his video… :-)