Finally Some Greens, An April Challenge and a Couple Fun Moves

Well hello April.

Where did March go? I mean really, I have no idea. Eeek.

I’m finally feeling a bit better over here. Thank goodness.

Even went for a few greens last night.

Huge chicken salad with roasted butternut squash, roasted asparagus and roasted sunchokes.

Yep. They were the highlight.

Oh, which reminds me tomorrow is is National Love Your Produce Manager Day.

Did you know?

I found this new almond paleo bread by Julian Bakery at the store over the weekend.

2014-03-29 13.33.33

I tried the coconut one before and wasn’t too impressed, but this one is better.

The start of a new month always means the start of a new challenge. New goals. New adventures.

I feel like this month more so than any other month lately is going to be one heck of an adventure.

I’m a little anxious.

So, FitFluential is doing a Plank-a-Day April Abs Challenge. The challenge is to do one plank a day. I’m in. We did some planking on the BOSU just a bit ago in class actually.

Some goofy girl did the video for the challenge. Thought I’d show you her demonstration on proper plank form.

He he.

Don’t forget about the different variations too.

This one is my favorite.

2014-03-22 18.24.12

I have two other favorite moves I’ve been doing in my classes also that I thought I’d share. YOU now, to make your first day of April complete and all.

They are one leg burpees and “up and over”.

Hmm…. maybe you just want to add them on to the plank every day. Now that’s a good challenge for the month.

Here you go:

Try them and let me know what you think.

In other news, the boys have been busy lately.

In the kitchen they helped me make a version of the best PB2 chocolate chip cookies

and we’ve been all about the popcorn machine lately. Such excitement.

2014-03-31 14.30.33

They’ve also been all about “castle fort” making on a daily basis.

2014-04-01 08.57.41

Lovely.

Okay, I’m off. It’s not only tax week around here, but also my last wee to get some hopefully good longer runs in before tapering for Boston and Big Sur. Eeeeekkk….

Things might be a bit quiet around here.

Hope your April is off to a great start!

Did you do anything for April Fool’s Day? Mom used to do some pretty creative things- soap on our toothbrush, rags in pancakes, setting my alarm early, Vaseline on the door handle and toilet seat, a brick in the backpack….. yeah, she was good.

Do you have any goals for this month?

Have you ever tried paleo bread?

Comments

My little one loves the popcorn machine too! So funny! I’m doing plenty of planking these days at my Barre classes! Love The Dailey Method! Have you tired? They are all over Cali!

Rags in pancakes?! That is so cruel, haha!

Those things your mom used to do to y’all crack me up – I should try some of those with the boys sometime – they would either think it was super funny or be cranky all day (gotta love moody teens!).
    One-legged buprees are brutal!!!
    And, that up and over is rough, too!!

Purelytwins says:

no April fools here ;)
    we have heard of that paleo bread, but have not tried it yet.
    yay for planks!

This month is focused on getting organized and trying to get work slowly done towards a move in a few months. We are getting there!

Betsey@hazenburg18 says:

Way to go this weekend! Sounds like a lot of fun. I request a STUFTMAMA playlist, please. I really enjoyed the two songs you posted in IG (Bastille was one.) Those songs got me moving!! Have a great week and say Hi to Kitty for me!

Denise says:

Love your green tights!! Who makes them?

Tess says:

Forts are the BEST!! My boys use to make forts every where……in their rooms with their beds, in the creek with logs, sticks and discarded trash; in the family room with the couch cushions…..you name it they did it. So creative!!! Good luck with the longer runs this week!

Michelle says:

My kids loved my joke this year. I bought a bunch of sticky backed googly eyes at the craft store and stuck them on everything in the fridge. Everyone got a good laugh when they opened the fridge in the morning and all our food was looking at them.

Another time, I bought sugary cereal, which my kids always beg for but I try not to buy. I carefully opened the bottoms of the packages, took out the cereal, and refilled the boxes with goldfish crackers and pretzels. They were thrilled to get to eat Count Chocula for breakfast, and each opened what they thought was a brand new box. They got a surprise when it wasn’t what they expected.

I love the brick idea–I’ll have to remember that next year!

Happy Love Your Produce Manager Day!

No April Fool’s tricks around here either…..I think no body takes things seriously on the first of April any more so its harder to trick others.

I can not wait for BOSTON…..for you to go, run, and recap.

Nicole says:

The “plank-a-day” challenge sounds great – I’m in! I did a plank for the first time in about a month this past weekend…..it was not pretty. It was just pretty shaky!!

Love your outfit in the videos!!

Kendyl says:

Oh my. That coconut paleo bread from Julian is uneblievably gross to me! I actually spit it out. And that I’d very rare. Haha. Curious about the almond bread. I had such a bad experience with the other that I would be hesitant to try the almond one.
    Been doing my planks for the last few weeks, actually. Coupled with yoga-wow- I can feel the difference!

I like the almond much more than the coconut one. :) I wasn’t a huge fan of the coconut one either, but people keep raving about it so I may have to give it a second chance.

Hey there! I found your site thru another site and I love it! You are so inspiring ! I love your green tights and top in the photo above. where is that from? Also , do u have any weight loss tips. I run 14 miles a week. I know im embarrassed because u run that in one day,lol. But it is so motivating to me that I am getting closer to my goal of running that long. I did a half marathon last year but haven’t done much racing since. Any tips or helpful suggestions. I am 170 and would love to get to a healthy 135!

Every mile counts Melissa!!!! :) Just slowly increase mileage for what is comfortable for you. I would cut out processed foods as much as possible, but I’m not a nutritionist. :) That always helped me though. You’ll get there! You are awesome for what you’ve done already!

LOVE your videos!!! I mentioned no challenges for me. I do planks pretty much every day in some form but just don’t want the pressure of having to post every day, :)

I tried the Julian breads a long time ago – did not like the paleo ones. Liked their regular ones but they don’t make anymore.. :(

Joy says:

Thank you for the new moves to try. I love your videos and appreciate when you post new ones for us.

And I just wanted to say that you look so wonderful in that outfit. You always look great, but that green is especially fabulous on you! And I’m not normally one for printed leggings/capris but you rock them! I totally have workout outfit envy!