Warning: Declaration of StatigramWidget::widget($args) should be compatible with WP_Widget::widget($args, $instance) in /var/www/app/wp-content/plugins/instagram-image-gallery/plugin.php on line 0
A Productive Morning, Deep Thoughts and Random Confessions

A Productive Morning, Deep Thoughts and Random Confessions

Happy humpy day! Woot!
I’m usually not one to love Wednesdays, but I’ve had a pretty productive morning so I’m loving today.

Want to know a secret? Dang you can get a lot done when you stay away from the computer and phone in the morning. Yep, had a little analog morning and it was delightful. I really need to do that more often.

Want to know another secret? I’m much more productive not only away from my phone, but also when I’m tired and waiting on dinner. That happened last night. I was extremely tired and hungry and waiting for dinner. I knew if I sat down I would be done, so I kept on trucking. More laundry got done than expected. Ha.

Not that I recommend that. Andrew and I were talking about it and saying that yeah, the house would be clean, but I would not be a pleasant person to be around. Ha ha. I’d rather be pleasant, well rested and have a dirty house.

So this morning….

Got on the treadmill early again. Ran 8 miles at 1.0 incline. Twice I picked up the pace bit, once for about 5 minutes, the second time for about 4. Nothing exciting or planned out.

2014-04-16 06.59.11

Finished just in time for this guy to sneak in and yell “surprise”.

2014-04-16 06.59.46

Yeah, that could’ve been bad. Always wear the safety clip.

2014-04-16 06.59.58

Always wear a Handful and a Halo too. He he.

2014-04-16 07.00.24

And old shorts from Target that should be thrown away.

Loved my time this morning with the boys. Skipped brushing their hair (oops), but had a good little chat over breakfast, hot cocoa and lunch packing.

2014-04-16 07.26.31

On my way to teach spin I had a little wrap in the car.

2014-04-16 08.05.26

One of those Julian Bakery paleo wraps with the typical egg white scramble fixings inside (chicken apple sausage, spinach, egg whites).

2014-04-16 08.07.39

Taught spin. Seriously, sometimes I teach and when class is over I think to myself, hey, I have no idea what I just said in there. Today was one of those days. No idea what I was saying pretty much the entire class. Ha.

Took advantage of the beautiful day for slow 5K outside afterwards.

2014-04-16 10.17.302014-04-16 10.17.07

A little over 11 miles totally for the day. Soooooo done with double digit days for a bit. Taper time it is.

Speaking of, I’ve had a lot on my mind the past couple of days.

Yesterday it was all about the Boston Marathon. Obviously.

I finally opened my welcome packet. I still haven’t really thumbed through it though.

IMG_3270_thumb

To be honest I don’t even know what my race number is. I do know that I’m a dope and never changed my qualifying time though. It still has my time as 3:20:49, when I got a 3:17:45 earlier this year. Oops.

I haven’t been training hard for this race. I’ve just been maintaining mileage. I haven’t done any speed work. I’m kind of kicking myself in the butt about that, but nothing I can do about it now. I didn’t really have a plan to follow or guidance from a coach or anything, so it’s a little different and it was harder to make myself do it. It’s so much easier when it’s written in a plan for you.

Anyhoo…..

I’m not really where I want to be to get a PR or anything, but I do feel like I’m ready emotionally and mentally for the experience.

I wanted it so bad last year. Then my injury happened. Then hip dysplasia chapped my hide and kept me out of quite a few races.

Last year the morning of the Boston Marathon I was feeling all sorry for myself that I had to cancel my trip and wasn’t there.

Then when I found out what happened, while I was so sad for all those affected, I also felt blessed that I was home and safe.

Crazy how life works out and how God does His work sometimes.

I posted these thoughts on instagram last night.

image

It still seems surreal that I’m going there and get the chance to be a part of such an emotional, monumental race. I feel beyond blessed.

I’m still trying not to think about it too much. I’ve got a busy few days until I leave and have the whole Mommy guilt thing going on since I’m leaving early Easter morning. Darn it.

And I feel like leaving you with a few random confessions.

Enjoy.

I’ve been having a baked Quest Bar here and there lately. It’s really hard for me to just have one.

2014-04-15 11.20.17

So I usually end up eating two. I’m not one of those people who is good at moderation.

I’m kind of embarrassed to admit that I have a minor celebrity crush on Billy Bob Thornton. He was on Kelly and Michael yesterday and it reminded me. Weird, yes?

I found these Frieda’s okinawan sweet potatoes just now at Sprouts and may have squealed out loud in public.

2014-04-16 12.12.01

I only got a couple, but it took me quite awhile to find the perfect ones.

I’m an Amazon Prime member. Here is what I got in the mail yesterday from my most recent order.

That’s right, since I’ve been doing the air popped popcorn thing a lot lately I did a little research to see what kind of kernels were the best. I read through a lot of comments and decided on these two. I’m going to to a little taste comparison. I’ll get back to you.

And that Hershey’s dark cocoa powder, it’s just the best. If you’ve never had it, you really need to.

I love SunButter. I actually love all nut butters (and again, have a little moderation problem with them). I’m really excited about this new natural, no sugar added SunButter that is coming out soon. I just got it in the mail yesterday also.

It’s not in stores yet since it’s brand new, but you can order it online on Amazon here.

I had to try it out as soon as possible of course on some whole grain bread with blueberries and cinnamon.

Mmmm hmmm…..

Alright, that’s it for me. Don’t want to get all carried away and start confessing too many things on here. That would just be silly.

Have a great rest of your day!

Who’s got a confession for me?

Do you plan and get excited for races way in advance or block them out and try not to think about them?

What’s the most recent thing you’ve bought from Amazon?

Comments

Ashley L. says:

I have to admit the most recent thing I bought on amazon was an ostrich pillow. I really couldn’t resist. Look it up…awesomeness! 🙂

Confession: I think of you everyday when I watch Kelly & Michael. 😉

I want that Sunbutter! And I too have a moderation issue. Thank god I legit love working out.

Apryle says:

My confession is: I eat Greek frozen yogurt with homemade granola almost every single night. It is so good! This is why I run 🙂
    I usually block out races and try not to talk about them too much leading up to them. I do it to keep myself calm, but I hate how I feel so antsy as I taper!
    My most recent Amazon purchase was a memory card for my camera, a Rainbow Loom book and a non stick griddle.
    Question: Do you usually set your treadmill incline to 1 for all of your runs?

Karen Atwood says:

I bought two handful bras and you’re right…best bras ever. I have a moderation problem with almond butter and Nuttzo peanut free. Love your blog!

Allyssa says:

I also have a moderation problem when eating popcorn, Quest bars and any sort of nut butter 🙂 I think we would have quite the food party together haha

Sam says:

Your posts chronicling your injury and recovery were such an inspiration to me! Have an amazing race, I bet that the adrenaline and emotions from being in Boston will propel you to be super-duper speedy!

I’m a huge planner- I plan obsessively about races. My type-A OCD-ness combined with the boost in energy from reduced mileage during taper week turns me into a little bit of a lunatic. I should probably learn to block races out instead of going on manic cleaning sprees while constantly worrying that I am not properly hydrated, or that I’m not consuming enough carbs, or that will get lost on the way to the start, or that Mt. Rainier is finally going to erupt and the lava will probably slow down my splits….

I just bought some cabinet pulls off of Amazon this morning! They have little dia de los muertos skulls on them. I’m pretty excited.

Tantra says:

My confession is that I’ve become addicted to compression socks! I “secretly” order them then wait impatiently by the mail box:( I pretend like I’ve had them for ages…. No judgement

I love planning period… Race planing is pretty exciting for me! I legit print out calendars than I take markers and pens and plan out races for each wk! Now that i have signed up for a marathon I’ll also be writing in my training schedule as well… Epic running nerd! Lol I love running and I love planning it’s like choc and pb in my book

Adrienne says:

What do you use the cocoa powder for?

Marcia says:

Kristen – I laughed so hard when I read your blog today about finishing up your spin class and not realizing what you just did. I have that happen all the time! I teach Bootcamp/Hiit and Step Aerobic classes. I teach them bright and early at 5:15am, so I don’t think my mind is even up yet half the time. I’ll get done and we are stretching and cooling down and I’ll keep look at the clock, really – did we just finish a sweatfest?!?! LOL Anyhoo, I can totally relate – glad it happens to someone else, too. :o)

Melissa says:

Dang, it’s not available on Amazon right now. Then again, that’s probably good because I would not be down with that whole sharing thing and the family loves Sunbutter more than Nuttzo. Yeah, we’re a nutty bunch. Ha.

Latest amazon purchase was a portable TENS Unit and these rubber flex bars that are supposed to help with tennis elbow. Or inflict more pain. I haven’t decided which yet. 🙂

Jennifer says:

I always get excited about races. I only do two a year, so it is very special for me.

The last thing I bought on Amazon was an Anna from Frozen dress for my daughter for her Easter basket and a CAL Berkeley t-shirt for my husband.

Nothing from Amazon lately….

I don’t have time to confess all the confessions I need to confess….ha

I had a great morning too with my 3 boys. Went shopping for some baseball cleats and a shirt for each of them to put in their Easter basket. HHMM< last thing we bought from Amazon were a few bottles of vitamins, enzymes, herbs(relora and ashwaghanda). I love dark chocolate, like over 70% for sure. I will have to try the hersheys cacoa. Maybe you could do a post on all the ways you use it, as if you are not busy enough! Congratulations on getting all those miles in. Amazing…I wanna be like u one day!lol..I struggle during the week to do 3 miles 2 times a week and really struggle to 6 or 7 on Saturdays! Someday, Someday, I will increase and just shut up and do it!

Christina says:

I say away with the mommy guilt! Jesus resurrected enough said. Enjoy Boston your children will be proud!! I’m trying not to think about my next race. Going it alone first time ever. Race shuttle leaves at 4:30am to start and I live 45 minutes way. Not sure if I should drive morning of or get a room alone?

The pics of the boys always crack me up!!!!! 🙂

So exciting for you Kristin! I know the guilt is there but you are there for them all the time so I am sure they are happy for you!!!! You deserve to go! 🙂

HUGS!!!!!!!

Susie says:

The tiny but mighty popcorn is SO good! I hope you enjoy- I’m from Iowa and it’s made there!!

Tracy says:

So glad Sunbutter came out with a natural version! I love it, but not all the added stuff. Nut butters don’t stand a chance in my house when I’m around. Moderation??? What’s that??? Run, eat nut butter, run, eat more nut butter, sleep, eat nut butter… yeah, it’s a sick cycle I go though! 🙂 Enjoy the race, you’ll do great!

Bethany says:

Maybe not doing all the speed drills and such is a good thing, your body might be well rested and ready to go! I think sometimes we over train thinking it will be better! I think you got a PR coming! Good luck you got this!!!!!

1. […] gave an update on my little popcorn comparison. I ordered some different popcorn from Amazon awhile ago and finally tried this Tiny But Mighty […]