Priorities, Weekend Road Trip Snapshots and Snacking

Good morning! Happy Monday friends!

Hope you all had a fabulous Mother’s Day!

I thought about staying up last night to get stellar blog post up for you all to start the week, but I decided to do this instead.

2014-05-11 21.13.51

Ha ha. What can I say, it was Mother’s Day.

Andrew and I had been out of town all weekend, so last night went down a little like this.

2014-05-11 19.35.46IMG_3422

Ha ha. No shame. Papa John’s is good stuff. I even got my own no cheese veggie pizza with added chicken. Mmmm hmmm….

And after not being with the boys all weekend I couldn’t get enough hugs. And yes, I know, those are the coolest ladybugs ever.

2014-05-11 20.17.25

So let’s see, we went up to Santa Barbara for the weekend for a good friend’s wedding. We had such a fabulous time.

I managed a long run on Saturday while we were there. I packed my new Mizuno gear for a little extra motivation.

2014-05-10 07.55.42

Not to mention it wasn’t the worst place in the world to have to go for a long run.

2014-05-10 07.53.512014-05-10 07.59.50

I was actually really excited to run somewhere new. I love that about running. You get to discover new areas wherever you might be. I set out to go about 10 miles one way and then head back. I didn’t quite make it that far until I hit a trail. I went for a little while on it, but then turned around.

2014-05-10 08.42.58

Then I found some pretty serious steps. I couldn’t pass them up.

2014-05-10 08.58.14-32014-05-10 08.58.352014-05-10 09.01.14

They were killer. I was already back at the hotel at mile 12 so had to just keep going for a bit the other direction. When I got to about mile 16 I was pretty much over the run, but managed to hang in there for 3 more miles though to hit the 19 mile mark.

2014-05-10 10.55.20

It was a great feeling to be done with it.

2014-05-10 10.57.052014-05-10 10.57.30

Yesterday was a rest day. No running. No workout at all. Just a long car ride home. Ha.

This morning I got on the treadmill for an early morning run. I was trying to kick off the week the right way.

2014-05-12 07.31.49

11.11 miles. I started at an 8:00 pace and then picked it up a little about half way through. 1.5 incline while watching 500 Days of Summer. Not my favorite movie, but helped pass the time.

I just polished off my new recovery drink.

2014-05-09 08.22.53

Can’t go wrong with this Vega creation.

I really need some quality time with the boys today after not being with them all weekend, so thought I’d just dump a few pictures, road snacks and eats on you from our trip.

I’m usually really great at packing lots of snacks and food for trips, but I wasn’t totally prepared this time. I did have the necessities though.

NuttZo To-Go packs. They go with anything.

2014-05-09 13.33.33-1

Which reminds me- you can still enter the GIVEAWAY to win 20 of these little packs. Enter HERE.

We stopped at Subway for lunch on Friday.

2014-05-09 12.47.31

I do like their chopped salads. I went for a double chicken one with all the veggies.

2014-05-09 13.06.53

I doctored it up with some Tapatio, crushed red pepper and nutritional yeast I just happen to have with me.

2014-05-09 13.10.02

Not the easiest to eat in the car, but I made it work. Ha.

It was really fun over the weekend getting to wear normal clothes and go out on the town in Santa Barbara. Thank you Marshall’s for cheap outfits.

2014-05-09 17.58.53 HDR

I may have painted my nails in the car. That wasn’t easy either.

Ha.

Saturday after my long run I ordered one of the most expensive egg white omelets ever from room service.

2014-05-10 11.56.48

It was delicious though and again I doctored it up with the same crushed red pepper, Tabasco and nutritional yeast.

2014-05-10 12.00.26

You just can’t go wrong with those. Ha.

The wedding was beautiful. Weddings are so much fun, aren’t they?

2014-05-10 14.39.032014-05-10 15.20.49

Again we had to take a picture since dressing up doesn’t happen frequently for us. Again I have to thank Marshalls for discount clothes.

I finally tried a Pocketfuel packet in between the wedding and the reception. I needed a little caffeine and had this in my purse.

2014-05-10 16.09.19

I liked it. I keep meaning to try it on a long run. Next time.

The reception was awesome.

2014-05-10 17.29.362014-05-10 17.39.45 HDR

How cute were the bride and groom by the way?

2014-05-10 18.23.07

And it’s always fun to meet new people in person that you know on instagram like the beautiful Jacklyn. Such a small world sometimes.

2014-05-10 17.55.48 HDR

Heck yes we got to sit at the head table.

2014-05-10 18.38.402014-05-10 18.57.21

And heck yes I drank wine and tried one of each dessert.

2014-05-10 21.42.35

Ha ha.

We had a pretty long road trip home yesterday. I made Andrew try his first ever chia shot in the car.

2014-05-11 09.42.35

Not sure I have him sold on them yet.

But, I do have him sold on the whole Starbucks thing.

2014-05-11 11.53.38 HDR

Thank goodness.

Also got to stop by and see the bro yesterday. It was his birthday.

2014-05-11 14.53.09

Love that guy.

Love the ahi salad I had for lunch at Nomads Canteen. Also love their selection of hot sauce.

2014-05-11 15.28.44

Ha ha.

Okay, whelp, I’m off. I have some boys I have to smother with hugs all day.

Yep, that’s my priority today.

Oh my gosh, and I just have to say a HUGE thank you to my sister and brother-in-law that watched the boys all weekend for us. We are so lucky and blessed.

And a belated Happy Mother’s Day to my Mother-in-law and my sweet Mom. Love them!

Have a good one!

What’s your priority today?

Any favorite road snacks?

What did you do for Mother’s Day?

Comments

Apryle says:

Well I just finished 5.5mi on my treadmill. Happy to get that out of the way before it gets too hot. My other priority is to get to Costco and get ONLY what is on my list!
    I went to Panera Bread after a run to meet some friends for breakfast and I ordered an egg white on ciabatta breakfast sandwich. As soon as they brought it out I actually said out loud, “Uh oh, that is not going to be enough food!” That is what I thought when I saw your little egg white omelette. I could eat three of those after a 19 miler! Good thing I had sliced apples in my purse, which also happen to be my go to road snack along with whatever I can steal from my kids :)

Sounds like you had an amazing weekend! Love that you got to enjoy time away, but I also know how great it is to get back and get all those hugs. I hope you had an incredible Mother’s Day and that you have a fantastic week! Hugs friend. xoxo

elizabeth says:

Looks like a great weekend. Like your blue dress, I need to find a cheap Marshalls outfit for a wedding, shoes are the biggest problem for me with size 11-12. Like your new Mizuno outfit too, what are the tank and shorts called? I’ll have to try greens with the recovery accelerator in a smoothie, love that stuff. Looks like some fancy pink ice cream and chocolate candy in your bowl last night, yum. A long run in Santa Barbara sounds so good right now, we got a couple inches of snow yesterday, I hope we can top the 40′s someday soon.

Tracy Carson says:

Love Santa Barbara, we attended a wedding there a few years ago and it was so beautiful! My priority today is to be nice to myself! I am so hard on myself and learning a lot about that these days. Turns out there is A LOT of time to reflect when you can’t do anything else! http://carsonfamilyofthree.blogspot.com/2014/05/a-mothers-day-revelation.html

Weddings are so much fun! We actually have one coming up this weekend and I look forward to it as a little time away. We are getting ready to move in a few weeks os things are a bit crazy around here, but trying to keep it all under control. Glad you had a wonderful Mother’s Day weekend! Happy belated Mother’s Day!

Kimberly C says:

LOVE Marshall’s! Definitely one of my top 3 stores. Clothes AND food? I’m sold.

Looks like such a fun time!!

Carson says:

Weddings are my favorite! Marshall’s is great, but TJ Maxx is my favorite for sure.

Looks like a beautiful wedding….and the HEAD TABLE! They must really like you guys….ha! I love the sweet picture of the two of you all gussied up and then your purse laying on the ground in the back ground……like you probably thought….”Wait, this could be a good picture moment….I better set down my purse….and oops there it is!”

(Or maybe that’s just what I do? ha!)

Michelle Kim says:

I love eating nuts on the road.
    BTW, I loooove that blue dress (or jumper?) you’re wearing! What a great find!
    Priority today is getting a first draft of a kinesiology assignment. I’ve been avoiding it all morning, haha.

natasha says:

I enjoyed every second I could outdoors since it was the most miserable winter ever and now it’s warm, warm, warm!

Wow…papa john’s will make pizza without cheese? Who knew? That’s so great to know…do they charge extra?

We went on a trail run! Mom, me and my sister. Planted a herb garden for Mom and dinner as a family. It was a good day! Monday’s usually my priority is just getting organized for the week!

My priority today is cleaning my house! I hate actually cleaning, but I love it when it’s clean.

Goldfish crackers are the best in the car!

I went out to dinner with my boyfriend’s parents for Mother’s day, because my mom lives across the country and I couldn’t be with her.

Tantra says:

My priority today is to get a run in at some point… Im hoping that the rain will be over by then… PS thanks for rubbing the palm trees in my face, lol, Santa Barbara looks gorgeous… I’m pretty sure it’s suppose to rain all week here in NY… UGH!

Road snacks are always chips and candy (no judgement)

Mothers Day was devoted to a long run and family bbq with my kiddos ( I always feel bad taking all of that time out for long runs, so it was all about them for the rest of the day)

The Silent Assassin says:

Ugh, get the ‘no cheese’ pizza from papa johns. Papa Johns!!! So good huh Kristin?! =). Did you dip it in the butter?! =). The ahi tuna salad looked awesome!!! Best road snack…well, I usually take them with on the road, but eat them all the time is TJ’s Inner Peas. Love ‘em.

LOVE the pictures from the wedding – y’all look awesome!! So fun that you had a weekend get-away!!

BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I went to college at UCSB.. :) Such beauty there & glad the weather was perfect for you! Love that workout wear too!!! The cuties & the ladybugs are not bad either! ;)

I wrote about that Pocketfuel & so curious about it! Let me know what you think. I have been following them for a long time on IG.

OH, the stairs – awesome! I need to live by the beach & have stairs like that right to it! Workout right there at home! Maybe if I wain the lotto! ;)

janae@hungryrunnergirl says:

LOVE THE WEDDING PICTURES!! You two are the cutest and head table… you are a big deal:) LOVE YOU!

1. [...] Sometimes I find a really flat route, sometimes I find a hilly one. Last week I experimented and just ran without a plan or destination in mind when we were in Santa Barbara. That was a fun change, although I wish I [...]

2. [...] When we’re traveling, we usually make it a point to find a SUBWAY if we have to find lunch on the road. [...]