Shaking It Out With Pro and Some Pretty Awesome Running Friends

I totally forgot to show you how exciting our Friday night was around here.

2014-05-30 19.49.25

Family movie night. The movie Up with a side of jalapeños. Ha ha.

I headed down to our little shake out run with Pro Compression this morning right after boot camp. You already saw the swag I had, but I’ll just show you again.

2014-05-31 06.41.08

Pro Compression socks, hats and wrist bands, NuttZo To-Go packets, Halo hairbands and headbands and a couple packs of our Stehly Buffalo Jerky.

We met down by the Bahia Hotel in Mission Bay.

2014-05-31 10.14.392014-05-31 09.31.342014-05-31 09.34.10

Some people were swapping out of the group photos so I had to post both of them on here. We could do that game that’s in magazines, you know, find the things that are different in the photos. Ha ha.

It was such a fun group and it’s always so great to actually meet other bloggers and runners in person. You already feel like you know each other.

We set out for an easy flat 3.5 miles around Mission Bay.

2014-05-31 09.36.48

Just look at their great form. I should’ve taken notes instead of pictures. Ha.

It was a beautiful morning. It did get a little toasty though, so that makes me a little nervous about tomorrow. But the race starts early enough hopefully we’ll be okay.

2014-05-31 09.47.19

1.75 miles one way and then we turned around to get our 3.5 miles in. Rocket science.

2014-05-31 09.51.222014-05-31 09.51.262014-05-31 09.51.282014-05-31 09.51.312014-05-31 09.55.452014-05-31 10.06.27

Sarah’s super speedy and by the time we all got done she had set up a nice little table with goodies for us.

2014-05-31 10.08.40

Bananas, bagels, NuttZo, Clif blocks, Nuun and water. All the necessities.

2014-05-31 10.09.562014-05-31 10.09.46

Then we did a little raffle to make sure everyone left with not only new friends, but some cool gear too.

2014-05-31 10.14.322014-05-31 10.20.08

Speaking of new friends, want to meet some of mine?

Why yes, yes you do.

The infamous Silent Assassin. I’m trying to talk him into doing The Kauai Marathon.

2014-05-31 10.12.43

Jillian who I feel like I’ve been friends with forever even though today was our first time actually meeting in person.

2014-05-31 10.14.22

It might have something to do with the Mizuno connection. Ha.

2014-05-31 10.15.15

Fellow Pro Compression ambassador Carlee.

2014-05-31 10.21.27

Yep, she scored one of the cool Pro hats.

2014-05-31 10.44.12

Susie who came all the way from North Dakota and Judy who drove down here with her husband from Canada.

2014-05-31 10.25.22

Holly and Stephanie are Pro Compression ambassadors too and are out here from Utah.

2014-05-31 10.27.16

My home girls Smitha

2014-05-31 10.36.28

and Melissa. Funny that it takes events like this to see each other even though we all live here.

2014-05-31 10.36.45

Erica (who also has twins) and Alicia (who pushed her double stroller for the run today).

2014-05-31 10.44.43

Just Lanna. I’m trying to talk her into doing some long runs with me.

2014-05-31 10.56.08

And the ever inspiring Sarah (Skinny Runner) who put this fun little event together.

2014-05-31 11.08.37

I love her. She even talked me into a few miles afterwards along the beach. I thanked her today, but might not be thanking her tomorrow. Ha ha.

Oh and by the way she just won her very first ultra race only two weeks ago. Yep, 100K 1st place. She’s amazing.

And, I’m off. I probably won’t be back until after the race tomorrow.

The boys might be around with a guest post about all the excitement of the race expo yesterday, but I’m not promising anything. Ha.

See you on the other side.

I just randomly counted how many marathons I’ve done because someone asked me the other day and I didn’t even know.

Tomorrow will be number 13. I like that number.

Have a wonderful rest of your weekend.

Do you usually run the day before a race? (I generally don’t. I usually do a full rest day before, but I guess we’re changing it up this time. Ha.)

What’s your go-to pre-race meal? (Mine is pizza- whole grain veggie pizza, no cheese, added chicken and jalapeños. I’m going to make my homemade pizza tonight.)

Comments

Wow! I’m numero uno?! I have a lot to say Kristin, but for now, I’ll keep it short and sweet. This weekend has been amazing! I’m blessed to have met you, Sarah, and some of the other bloggers today. I consider you guys #bloggerRoyalty. So excuse me for being giddy =). This morning matched the high I had when meeting Meb, Rita, and Ryan last night. This weekend has superseded all of my expectations. So, Thank you!!! Mahalo… and we still have the race and concert tomorrow!

Susie says:

Best of luck!! You’ll rock it, speedy lady!

Teresa Martinez Gonzales says:

I have been reading your blog for a few months and this is my first blog comment EVER. I am from the SF South Bay and am also running the SSD RR – first marathon EVER. Your blog has been very inspiring – thanks for sharing your experiences – I’ve learned a lot along the way! Good luck tomorrow!

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun today!

I don’t normally run the day before a race, I really try to go into races well-rested since I don’t race too often.

I don’t have a pre-race meal tradition, I have had all kinds of random things, from thai food to my grandma’s shepherd’s pie!

Hope you have a great race!

Sam says:

That looks like a blast! I love seeing all the awesome runners in their awesome neon compression gear! I like to swim the day before a race–the water loosens me up, and counting laps de-stresses my brain. I don’t have a single go-to pre-race dinner, but I usually consume some combination of broccoli, salmon, and sweet potatoes the night before an event…of course, broccoli , salmon, and sweet potatoes is also my go-to easy work night dinner; does that make it less special for races, or more special for work nights? Who cares? The important thing is that broccoli, salmon, and sweet potatoes are delicious and nutritious.

Have a great race! Rock it! Roll it! Have fun!

Good luck today! I do normally run a few easy miles the day before a race and take the day before that off as the complete rest day instead. I find it better to run the day before because my legs are looser for the race rather than coming off a complete rest. I miss Sarah’s blog!

Carson says:

Good luck today! Looks like y’all had a blast at the shake out run.

I ALMOST wish I was a runner just so I could be at these races & meet all you wonderful peeps! 🙂 Don’t hold your breath on that ever happening! 🙂

LOVE the pics & hope you had a great race!!!!!

Stephanie says:

I loved meeting you! You are as cute as can be. Thank you so much for the super fun shake out run. Btw, those margarita shot blocks saved the day today!

Hope the race today was awesome – can’t wait to hear all about it!!
    Did Skinny Runner (Sarah) quit blogging? I used to follow her blog and it has been a long time since I’ve seen anything from her!

Hey_Jude says:

Thanks for sharing the pics, especially the Mizuno runners shot! It was great meeting you all at the shake-out run! I don’t do a run the day before I run a half marathon but I might do the Grouse Grind in Vancouver the day before I run a 10k. Because I don’t know anyone in San Diego I thought it would be good to loosen up my travel-weary legs and also meet a few other running peepsl Thanks again to Pro Compression for hosting the event.

I was fortunate enough to have Sue spot me in the half marathon crowd and we also ran into her and Dan after I finished. I got a personal best running the half marathon so I guess I will have to return in 2016 to try for another PB.

Congrats to everyone who ran and many thanks for the opportunity to meet you all!

Hey_Jude says:

Ooops, forgot to answer your other question. I love a home-made pizza with salmon (I love salmon!) and loads of veggies and some cream cheese and mango salsa. Or I will just have a salmon dinner with a ton of steamed veggies and couscous or quinoa.

How did the race go? Hope the rest of your travels are going well too!

• Hey_Jude says:

Kristin, the race went well in spite of not getting any sleep the night before. I loved running the San Diego Rock ‘n’ Roll!! Surprisingly I got a PB! It was nice to have the half hour walk from our room to the start line. We are thoroughly enjoying Mexico and hiked Tetakawi yesterday. The temperature at the start of our climb was 30 C, the relative humidity was 74%. It looked like a not too difficult climb from the road, but it sure caught both of us off guard. No Grind stairs, just rocks, loose stones, loose gravel, and skin ripping Mesquite trees. But it sure was worth the view! Going horseback riding Sunday and a boat cruise Sunday evening. Love your blog BTW!!

1. […] yes. We had such a blast the last time we did a Pro Compression Shake Out Run, we’re doing one again. Same place, different […]