What We’re Wearing, What We’ve Been Eating and I Had To

Today’s Workout:

Taught a spin class and did the elliptical later for 30 minutes on the cross country program.

2014-07-02 18.19.55

Someone pressed the snooze button more than three times this morning.

Someone else was dressed to impress for the gym.

2014-07-02 08.05.12

He must have gotten the memo that our gym is getting fancier with a little remodel and some new equipment.

We got all new spin bikes.

2014-06-30 12.53.49

hey are so darn awesome. When you’re used to riding an older bike and then you get on a brand new one it’s just glorious.

2014-06-30 12.54.14

It was a very smooth, yet sweaty ride this morning in my class.

2014-06-30 12.55.34

I guess I didn’t get the memo to dress to impress since I didn’t match a single item of clothing today. Not on purpose. It was just one of those days. (I spent a good chunk of time this evening doing multiple loads of laundry.)

Two quick little spin positioning tips for you just in case you need them:

2014-06-30 12.54.42

When your leg is extended there should be a slight bend in your knee.

2014-06-30 12.55.00

Your upper body should be relaxed and your elbows should be slightly bent and pointing to the floor.

I could actually go on and on about positioning, but we’ll leave it at that for now.

Instead I will tell you that since the gym got all new bikes they had a few of the old ones on sale for a really great price.

2014-07-02 09.46.092014-07-02 09.44.36

Since we were all dressed up and all we decided to hit up one of our favorite stores.

2014-07-02 10.27.36

Costco highlights from today were these chicken breasts,

2014-07-02 10.36.08

jalapeños (since we just finished off this huge jar)

2014-07-02 22.18.43 and these quinoa bowls.

2014-07-02 22.09.26

I just ate this dinner in the office with that quinoa bowl  and some new jalapeños while getting some work done.

2014-07-02 22.23.48

Other things in the bowl- roasted broccoli, zucchini and asparagus, chicken, marinara, balsamic vinegar, Cholula, crushed red pepper, Italian seasoning, fresh basil and nutritional yeast.

Eating late in the office wasn’t really part of the plan, but life has thrown a few curve balls this week so I’m doing my best to just go with them. Same thing kind of went for my workout today. Oh well.

Oh, not found at Costco, but good enough worth mentioning on here is this brown rice pasta from Trader Joe’s. We had it the other night and we really liked it.

Since we’re talking about food, here are some other things we’ve been eating around here lately.

The usual chicken apple sausage and kale egg white scramble with Scotty B’s bacon jalapeño hot sauce and Trader Joe’s Smoke Seasoning salt grinder.

More often than not the scramble is followed by a SunButter and blueberry sandwich and a no grain maple cake with coconut butter.

Yes, we’re still eating our way through those cherries.

Today was a baked chocolate chip cookie dough Quest Bar kind of a day.

2014-07-01 17.02.11

Sometimes it needs to be put on top of a 120 calorie dark chocolate muffin with some NuttZo to help finish off a pint of Arctic Zero.

2014-07-01 17.06.02

That didn’t happen today actually, but it did happen earlier in the week. Messy yes, but darn good.

The occasional zucchini pizzas have gone down

and so has this chocolate peanut butter Vega snack bar.

2014-06-26 16.57.41 HDR

It got a little melty in the car, but who hasn’t driven with chocolate all over their hands and mouth at some point, right?

This happened last week.

2014-06-26 21.21.23

I just had to throw it all out there because I’m feeling like I might have to take a bit of a break from taking and posting so many food pictures.  When we really want to splurge for date night we do sushi (at home, on the couch, with Batman and cheap wine).

We really went all out and even followed it up with Yogurtland.

2014-06-26 22.13.05

That was only my second time ever going to Yogurtland so I made sure to do it up right.

2014-06-26 22.14.14

These homegrown grapes were fabulous just now too. I  don’t even usually like grapes, but when they’re homegrown and cold and it’s summer I do.

2014-07-02 23.06.00

And……… no more food pictures for a bit. Your welcome.

Oh and yes, I had to buy a spin bike for home and picked one up for my brother-in-law too.

2014-07-02 19.21.06 HDR

I’m so excited.

And totally random, but this happened today when I set my phone down outside for a bit.

2014-07-02 10.08.05

Has that ever happened to you? It scared me, but was fine after a couple minutes.

Have a good one!

Good night!

Comments

Melissa S. says:

Obsessed with TJ’s chicken apple sausage :) And pretty much anything from Costco! Especially the shredded rotisserie chicken.

Sooo jealous of your spin bike………

That’s happened to my iphone once. I had it outside on a hot day plugged into a speaker to listen to music while we were swimming. I had to take it out of the sun for awhile!

Whoa that’s a lot of food pictures! I can’t do costco with my kids anymore, I used to dread the inevitable meltdowns and that place is scary if your kid wants to run (which would happen to me every time!) Now I like going to whole foods while my kids are in camp. Oh the luxury! That has happened to my iphone in the sun. Took it inside and was fine :)

elizabeth says:

I love your food posts, you won’t stop them, will you? I don’t know how you can eat that artic zero though, I’ve tried a couple flavors and they were both gross, your homemade almond milk ice cream is so much better. Are those vega bars good, they are really expensive.
    Last night I had almost a whole head of cabbage for dinner, I shredded it and roasted it covered in the oven at highest heat for 10mn with a bunch of garlic, then ate it with some farro and seasonings, really good. This morning I made a shake with prot pwder, cocoa, coffee, banana and almond milk. I get a lot of great ideas from your food posts. I’ll be making zucchini pizza as soon as my squash is ready.

Mari says:

back in CA…..off to search for yams!
    I cannot believe you have only been to Yogurtland a few times. I used to be a fro yo addict!

Michelle says:

Your new spin bikes are exactly like the ones my gym got 6 months ago! I’ve gotten so I will only do spin class at the gym location that has those bikes, I love them so much.

OK, I love it all but still can get over the IG pic & now here with the cowboy boots!!! :)

I had my phone tell me it was too cold when I was running in the winter months!

Mindy says:

Yes, I agree with other poster…please don’t stop with the food pics. I also get tons of ideas from you. I think I have tried most of your latest recipes and just love them. DON’T STOP!!! :-)

natasha says:

Try frozen grapes…kind of like candy. Oh and frozen cherries too!

Wow – you have had some pretty great looking food lately!!
    Yep – I had that problem with my iPhone once at the beach – freaked me out!!
    So cool that you got to buy the old spin bike!

Allyssa says:

I know I have said this before ( and lots of other people have in this post) but I adore your food posts! All of your creations look soo good and I (like others) get ideas from you!

Alicia says:

That has happened to my phone before too…when I was at my cousin’s baby shower. It sat in the sun, and when I picked it up, saw that same screen. I was unaware of that feature!! Oh, an yes! Love the cowboy boots!! My little guy likes to wear his around too! Especially, when he helps mow the lawn :P

Funny – my phone has stopped working in the winter from being TOO COLD. I’d love to have the opposite problem! Those Vega chocolate PB bars are my fav. So good. And I keep checking Costco for those jalepenos but looks like the Canadian stores don’t carry them!

Danielle Farzanegan says:

What is your favorite flavor of Arctic Zero? Also, does it have a lot of added sugar? I am curious to try it!