San Fran Has Some Hills

Yes, yes it does.

Although my traveling partner is flatter than flat, San Francisco is not.

I forgot how many hills this darn course has.

But….

I still love it and had a blast.

I got 3:26:20. That’s with two stops to tie my shoes. I’ve never had to do that before. It was weird.

It was a good run though. Those hills kicked my bootie and it was a tough course, but the run felt good, I didn’t have any dehydration issues and my foot didn’t hurt at all so I’m pretty excited about that.

My time was even slower than the last time I ran The San Francisco Marathon two years ago.

Although I was a little disappointed with myself and my time at the end, I was all smiles once I saw some pretty cool dudes at the finish line.

Right? How cool is this robot man? You better believe I sent that picture to the boys right away.

I also bumped into my man Bart.

This guy doesn’t care about my time either. He’s just glad he got to make the trip.

I’ll get a full recap up on the blog soon, but today was a good day.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

Congrats to everyone else who raced today!

Comments

Congrats, friend! You’re amazing, as always. So glad you enjoyed your run and can’t wait to read the full recap! xo

Janet says:

You. Are. AWESOME!!!!!!

Meagan says:

I thought of you this morning! I’m glad it went well. BTW, what are you drinking?! Looks like a carton of milk? And I just wanted to tell you that I got a Halo headbad today – and I was skeptical, but it fits NICE and I bet it’s going to work very well. I got the pink :) woot!

steph says:

Well done! I’ve heard SF is brutally hilly. It’s a bucket list race, even though it makes my flatter-than-a-pancake prairie girl heart weep quietly :)

Way to go – you are amazing!!!
    And, I’m so glad that your foot didn’t hurt and you didn’t have any issues with dehydration!!!

Congrats! It looks like it was a beautiful day for a race!

I love the purple outfit! Purple is my favorite.

Sheena says:

Congrats! I had major electrolyte issues but finished for my 2nd fastest 1/2 marathon finish, despite the heat during the second half!

Pam says:

Wonderful finish time on a difficult course!! I’d love to run SF next year. Great job speedy mama!!!! :) :) xo

Laura P says:

Congrats on your great time! Those hills were brutal, especially the first half! But it was fun. Looking forward to your recap.

I will take that time any day!!

Erika says:

Be proud, that’s an amazing time and the best part? You said it was a great run and pain free! Those really are the best. Congratulations!

Congrats – you’re so inspiring!

Wow awesome job!! You should be so proud of yourself. I would KILL for a 3:26!!

Nicole says:

So glad nothing hurt during your run and you got a great time!! Yay for Flat Kitty and not-so-flat Bart being there for you!! :)

Janet says:

Way to go, Kristin!! I especially love the pic of your shoes, your medal and Kitty – (eyes watered) He would be proud of you, too!!! Congrats on an awesome race and your amazing journey continues to inspire me!!! <3 Janet Hertogh

Amber says:

Your time may not have been what you wanted, but finishing the race pain free is still pretty great :) I’m glad you were able to shake it off and enjoy yourself post-race!

I’ve said it before, and I’m sure I’ll say it again…you freaking rock!! Nice job! Glad the foot felt good!!