A Darn Good Decision or Two

I’ve been reading about the importance of sleep. I know, what’s new right? Well, not only have I been tracking my sleep lately, but I feel like I need a little bit more this week with running more miles and with all the emotional stuff we’ve got going on. I really think emotional stress takes a harder toll sometimes then physical stress and it sneaks up on you. Actually, I may just be talking about myself, but it’s hitting me.

I’m okay with it. I need some time to sleep and be sad and hang with the family.

For a split second right now at 10:30 pm, I contemplated turning the computer on and getting some work done. Every time I do that my 15 minute window turns into 2 hours and I’m getting to bed around midnight.

I finally talked myself out of it tonight. I just can’t do a night of staying up and thinking that I should be in bed. I’ve done way too many of those.

So, with that, all the stuff I want to share about our day, running news and more on resting, well, it will have to wait.

I will show you my favorite moment from the day today though.

2014-08-07 11.39.49

Okay, wait, just one more.

2014-08-07 11.14.05 HDR

I will also show you the most perfect bowl of a STUFT version of organic macaroni and cheese with broccoli and salmon that went down this evening.

2014-08-07 21.36.01

I can’t forget my Skinny Cow ice cream cone dessert.

image

In full disclosure, if I was choosing to stay up late and work, just one of these would not do.

So…….

I have a feeling I’m really going to love this choice tomorrow morning. Especially when I have to face this.

image

You know what else? This is the first time I’m attempting a blog post from my iPad. I hope it works. :)

See you tomorrow! Good night!

Do you ever have to talk yourself into going to bed?

Do you feel like emotional or physical stress is harder to handle?

If you don’t go to bed early, what are you up late doing? (reading, computer stuff, watching TV, etc.) I’m just curious. If I’m up late I’m doing work stuff on the computer and I get distracted very easily late at night. It’s not good. Ha.

Comments

Jodi says:

I’d definitely use this to motivate myself to get more sleep! Also the fitness tracker piece is pretty cool!

Christin says:

Emotional stress wrecks my sleep sched so I’d love to monitor that more closely and fix the issues instead of just “ignoring” them while they eat at me!

I’m pretty good with going to bed at a regular time. I know myself that well enough to know that I don’t function well without a good sleep.

ugh! blogging from the iPad can be so difficult. My biggest problem is that I can never get my photos exactly how I want them when I’m not blogging from the computer! haha Good for you for getting your sleep instead of staying up too late! You’ll be loving that decision today! :) I need to be better about doing the same thing. I used to go to bed at 8:30 when I was in serious xc/track training and it made a BIG difference!

Yum Yucky says:

I desire that bowl of mac & cheese. Please transit to me through the Food Teleporter.

Oh, man, no joke…one early morning I got up for 3:30 for a run. I was checking IG and I saw you liked one of my photos only 2 hours earlier… geez, 1:30am… then the next day I see you doing bosu exercises. I know its been hard…but yeah, gotta try to find some inner peace. I’m telling you…just know they are watching over your ohana. Stay blessed K! You and the boys!

Erika says:

I have to talk myself into going to sleep the night before long runs with my running buddy. She has to do it early Sunday before her hubs leaves for work and we are finding ourselves getting up earlier and earlier. Good for you for turning in early last night. It’s so worth it!

Mary says:

I really need this to track my sleep. Seems the older I get the less I sleep. I need help! lol :(

I don’t have to talk myself into going to bed at night EVER….I usually have to talk myself into staying up past 9PM….I know sad right??? I get in bed by 9 and lights out by 9:30….

Juliah826 says:

I would use this to track my activity!!! I don’t feel like I eat enough so this would be a great tool to use!!!

Michelle P. says:

I’ve actually read (several places) that for optimum sleep, we should power down devices (any kind, including tv) about 30 minutes before we go to bed. Been trying lately and it helps. Good luck, so sorry for the back-to-back family losses. Be good to yourself, emotionally and physically and have a good weekend.

Natalie says:

I’m leaving to study abroad in a few weeks and this would be awesome to track all of the walking I’ll be doing!

jesus says:

I really understand you, being a father, physician, student, husband (not in this order precisely) I need a 23847389457893 hour day, just 24 are not enough. Running is my hobby, passion, but most of all, my relax, and sometimes I have to let it go to be with the familly or to just have a few more ours to sleep. Wish you the best, for you and your familly, tough moments don’t last forever and make us stroger, I admire you and your familly, I feel many things in comon. Have a great weekend

PS: when I´m done with my web page/blog I´ll let you know. May God guide you and yours every day

Missy says:

I think tracking sleep would be really cool.

iPad blogging can be tricky sometimes. They need a better app for that.
    Good job it looks great.

natasha says:

Hmmmm….I actually think physical stress often “feels good” while emotional stress is so hard to deal with. I feel like physical stress makes relaxing easier while the emotional kind just keeps snowballing until I crash.

I hope you find that peaceful center (: Hang in there!

1. [...] was not the right choice to try to do a post from the iPad though. Could my pictures have been any smaller? Ha. (I fixed them by the [...]