From the Stairway to the Roast

Why hello.

I faced one of those two fears today head on.

And I do mean HEAD ON.

2014-08-10 07.35.32

That was mile 3.

This was around mile 7 or so I think. It’s all kind of a blur.

2014-08-10 08.23.30

Friends, the Stairway to Heaven is no joke.

I’ll get a full recap up soon as now I want to chat all things trail racing. No one warned me that the downhill parts are almost harder than the uphill ones.

But…….. it was an amazing (and dirty) experience.

2014-08-10 08.27.02

It’s so funny how things go in a day. Shortly after I was home I was showered, had eaten a late breakfast with the boys, was wearing my new bling from the race and we were off to our next adventure.

2014-08-10 12.47.572014-08-10 13.47.48

Where there’s Frieda’s Hatch Chile roasting, there’s the STUFT gang.

2014-08-10 13.47.582014-08-10 13.49.332014-08-10 13.49.42 HDR2014-08-10 13.52.162014-08-10 13.53.10

Pretty cool, huh?

We left with a box of our own.

2014-08-10 13.55.01 HDR2014-08-10 13.55.23-2

It spilled a little juice in the car on the way home. We’re so lucky.

They had this really yummy salsa there to sample.

2014-08-10 13.56.45

Three ingredients- Hatch Chiles, garlic and salt.

I’m going to make some for tonight.

Oh, and they’re doing these fun events all over the country. You can see if there’s a #HatchFever event near you here.

Okay, sorry no recap yet, but heck I’m excited to tell you all about the race today. I’m just too pooped at the moment to do it right now.

I thought my old favorite Starbuck’s drink (minus the sweetener) would help, but it just didn’t do it.

2014-08-10 14.12.54

Maybe a margarita will help.

Hope you had a fabulous weekend. See you in the morning!

Comments

Meagan says:

I had a race this morning too… and it’s so weird how the time flies! 8:30 am I crossed the finish line, saw my friend and talked till 9:30, and made it to church for the 11 am service! Seems so long ago already and it’s not even 4:30 pm yet! haha

Erika says:

First of all, you’re amazing! Secondly, I’m signing hubby and I up for the next dirt devil half. Third, where is this Hatch green chile yumminess? I’m in oceanside and I’m a NM transplant. I need my chile!! Lastly, did I mention you’re amazing? Glad you loved the race. I miss trail running so I’m going to start my trail training after AFC.

Samantha says:

I only trail run flat…coming downhill hiking is brutal enough. :) I would say that yes, generally downhill is harder on the body. Glad you battled it! Sam

Can’t wait to hear all about your trail half – that course looks pretty tough!!!
    And, yes, a margarita will definitely help – hope you are enjoying one!!!

Katie says:

Congratulations!! I watched the whole video on your previous post and it looked like a hellacious (but incredibly fun) challenge. I’m getting excited to get into trail running next season and am sticking this on my “next time I make it to the opposite coast” racecation list :) can’t wait to hear more about it! Bet that margarita was like paradise ;)

YEA!!!!! I am thinking only you would love a box like that…ha! Cute bling….can’t wait to hear your recap!

marti says:

Congrats what an awesome yet challenging race!! What’s in your green cup?? Those veggies look fantastic :)

So glad you came out! I hope the boys had fun. (They didn’t look like they were having fun here. LOL)

A margarita always helps!!! That course looks insane!

1. [...] but as the texting conversation carried on, I could tell she wasn’t.  She had just ran “Stairway to Heaven”, and runs buku miles everyday…so I really shouldn’t be surprised…Well, she would [...]