Monday Confessions

Well hello.

I thought I’d dump a few confessions on you today. It’s always nice to start the week with a clean slate, right?

I’m not sure about you, but the night after a race I like to pretend calories don’t count. When the races are local, I also usually end up eating dinner on the couch with Andrew and a little Modern Family entertainment too.

Oh Phil. Love that guy.

2014-08-17 21.37.20

I also usually don’t set my alarm for the morning following a race. I like to give myself a little bit of a break.

Instead of an alarm I was woken up by this new addition to our household.

2014-08-18 06.35.39

It’s okay to be jealous.

I love just taking a minute in the morning and looking out the window to take in a deep breath. It’s always much needed especially on Mondays.

2014-08-18 07.20.30

I got a few slow miles in this morning on the treadmill.

I felt like I needed a really healthy start to breakfast afterwards so I whipped up this egg white scramble as my first course.

2014-08-18 10.07.03 HDR

I also got a little lazy this morning with my first cup of coffee and used this rather than grabbing a mug.

2014-08-18 07.40.10

Ha ha. IN my defense, I had just used this to measure out almond milk and I was putting the rest of the coffee in the fridge for later.

I guess I should disclose that I don’t pack lunches for Andrew. I know a lot of wives do, but I never have. I always think I should, but then I don’t.

Maybe one of these days I’ll get it together. Maybe once I’m packing lunches for the boys for school everyday. Yeah, that will be my plan. I have an other year to put if off. Ha.

I do though try to make sure he has easy things he can grab in the morning quickly before he heads off to work.

One component of his lunch is usually a protein bar of some sort. I was asked to sample and review these Pure Protein® bars recently and gladly accepted since I’ve bought them previously.

I’ve actually bought these many times from Costco before. They are one of the better tasting protein bars out there and seem to be just the right size for a snack. They come in handy when you really want a quick protein fix and know it would be a good choice to grab one of these instead of a candy bar.

Here’s the nutritional stats.

The favorite flavor around here is the Chocolate Salted Caramel.

See, looks just like a candy bar.

I like the dark chocolate coconut ones too.

IMG_4334IMG_4335IMG_4336

I like them after they’ve been chilled in the fridge. I actually tried freezing them, but almost ripped a tooth out, so I won’t be trying that again. Ha ha.

I personally don’t have protein bars that often, but these do taste darn good for having as much protein as they do without a lot of added sugar. These do have maltitol syrup and some sucralose though and I know some are sensitive to those. I am, but if I have one of these bars here and there I don’t notice many side effects.

So yeah, I really should step it up in the packing lunch wife department, but for now I have a few other things going on that take quite a bit of time to deal with. I can’t turn my back for a second around here.

2014-08-18 07.25.12

A certain someone wanted our new bird to “look cool”. At least it was the bird and not his own hair. Holy moly.

Okay, I’m off to teach a few classes at the gym. It going to be a sweaty night.

This is a paid campaign with Pure Protein® through Runner’s World. All opinions are my own.

What’s your favorite protein bar flavor if you have one?

Do you pack lunches for your significant other?

Comments

RunEatRepeat says:

I am jelly of your bird :)

purelytwins says:

Lori makes Gary’s lunches! She loves making him food, although she gets mad when he forget to tell her he has a business lunch so he won’t need one. And she has already made one. haha

Love the bird :)

Lindsey Cooley says:

My husband is a farmer so when he is going to be out in the field all day I pack him a lunch and dinner as they usually run really late. I did pack him lunch everyday but he is usually always home at lunch so there was really no need to, so I quit doing it. I’ll be picking it up again when he actually does need it.

As far as protein bars are concerned I am a Quest fanatic. My favorite Quest flavors are probably between double chocolate chunk and brownie. Although, the cookie dough is right up there too!

Some times I pack lunches but only when we have good leftovers and I want them to get eaten….I am usually bad wife in that department too…..although, he says he doesn’t mind b/c he often enjoys getting out of the office to have time alone, drive, eat, think, and relax….I guess I can totally see that.

Love the peacock and his haircut. ha!

Oops forgot…..Protein Bars….you probably know me well enough now to know that I would not discriminate…I love all flavors! ;-)

Umm….NO!! I don’t pack Chris’ lunch – he packs his own every morning – leftovers unless he is flying then it is a sandwich!!! Part of why the boys choose to eat the school luck is because I told them they can take their lunch but they have to make it themselves!!!

Allyssa says:

Without a doubt Double Chocolate Chunk Quest bars are my favorite protein bar!

My husband is obsessed with Pure Protein bars – perhaps it’s the resemblance to a candy bar ;)

No packed lunches around here! My husband works from home, so we all fend for ourselves! I hope he never goes back to the office – I don’t think I want to be on the hook for one more thing in the morning, haha

Nope, don’t pack lunches for Jason. I do good to pack my own! Wouldn’t it be great if we could start all mornings sans alarm clocks? Just wake up when we naturally wake up?

Nicole says:

Bird is the word, man! :)

Favorite protein bar: TIE – Quest Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough & Quest Cookies & Cream. I love that they don’t have sugar alcohols in them!

I’ve been packing a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for myself for lunch (and dinner) lately. I’m kinda obsessed.

The coffee “mug” cracks me up!! :) I LOVE your view too – BREATHE!!!!!

SO SO SO SO funny on the “new addition”!! :)

Michelle Kim says:

Yahhh totally agree with you on how protein bars are like candy bars!
    Favorite flavor would have to be peanut butter/anything with peanuts. Can’t go wrong :)