A Rainbow Shoulder Move and Cinnamon Questwiches

I got on the treadmill for a few miles this morning. It was my last run until the Kauai Marathon, which last I checked is on freaking Sunday.

What?

Deep breaths. Deep breaths.

Easy pace, 1.0 incline while watching one Parenthood episode.

2014-08-29 07.04.45

I had a visitor right at the end of my run. It was perfect timing and might I say he had some great morning hair.

2014-08-29 07.05.40

I taught my HIIT class and my strength training class at the gym last night.

I love resistance bands. I did quite a lot of the workout last night with them and thought I’d show you one of my favorite moves for your shoulders.

It’s a variation on a front should raise.

Stand holding a handle in each hand with your arms by your side and elbows slightly bent with one or two feet on the band (one foot makes it easier).

Lift up and together like a rainbow until hands meet at chest level.

Slowly lower to start.

2014-08-28 19.35.342014-08-28 19.35.03

It’s a tough one.

2014-08-28 19.34.42

These pictures are not the best, but it was after teaching two classes at the end of a very long day. My next pictures using bands to do some moves will be in Hawaii. Oh heck yes.

I’m packing up my HumanX resistance bands (they have some really cool ones here).

I always travel with bands and as HumanX as the sponsor for the Kauai Marathon, I’ll be doing some fun cross training exercises, etc. from the island. Woo hoo!

I just saw this list of 33 Resistance Band Exercises You Can Do Anywhere on Greatist that has some really great moves.

If you have some great resistance band moves to share or some that you love to do, post them on IG and tag them with #humanxtrain so we can all put a fun little vacation workout together. Yes?

It’s been slim pickings over here in the food department. I threw together this random one for the boys the other night.

Those Trader Joe’s spinach kale bites are awesome and if you haven’t tried adding broccoli slaw to macaroni and cheese, you really need to. You can check out how we do it here.

I was, however, impressed with my late dinner creation last night after work though.

I roasted pork tenderloins, asparagus and shaved brussels sprouts and put them all together in a big salad. The dressing was a mix of the three things. I also added a lot of Trader Joe’s Smoke Seasoning.

And that there little bread on the side is a no grain STUFT flatbread.

Not too shabby.

Want to see what else isn’t too shabby?

These Cinnamon Questwiches.

Right?

I made cinnamon crisps with coconut spray, cinnamon and coconut sugar out of Trader Joe’s lavash flatbread. (Old recipe, but you can get the old directions here. There’s a super old video of how we used to make them too.)

I made the cinnamon crisps.

Then I took a double chocolate Quest Bar and microwaved it on parchment paper for 10-15 seconds. It got just soft enough to tear apart and smash between the cinnamon crisps.

It was so good. It reminded me of a sandwich type cookie or graham cracker sandwich. I will definitely be doing it again and trying out other flavors of Quest Bars.

I’m down to my last couple over here though and this flavor was all I had left. It did the job though.

Mmmmm hmm….

Okay. I’m off. It’s going to be a long day with countless cups of coffee and loads of laundry. It’s okay to be jealous.

Happy Friday!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Make sure to enter the Mizuno Sayonara 2 GIVEAWAY if you haven’t yet.

What’s your favorite resistance band move?

Have you made any fun food creations lately?

Comments

Holly says:

I would LOVE these!

Michelle Kim says:

Oooh I’m going to try that move!
    My favorite resistance band move is this lunge and twist (lunge right leg forward with hands straight in front at shoulder level, hold lunge and open right arm and twist to the right, close hands and step back to starting. Wow, I think this explanation would be so much easier with pictures, hehe).

Yes, I need to see pictures. Where does band go?

• Michelle Kim says:

You hold the band by the ends (one end in each hand). When you twist (when lunge forward with right) and open to the right, the right hand reaches toward the back of the room while the left hand stays to the front of the room, stretching the band across the chest. I feel it in the posterior delt and upper back… as well as the the obliques and legs, haha. Gotta love the full body workouts!

Sam says:

Have a fabulous trip to Kauai and a phenomenal race! Good luck getting through the laundry before you go! Aloha!

I am jealous but not because of your laundry but because of the next place you will do resistant band exercises…in HAWAII!!!! Awesome…

Amy H says:

I’m just trying to understand bringing resistance band exercises along on a trip to run a marathon. Because running the marathon isn’t enough exercise?!?!

• STUFT Mama says:

I’m not intending to do full on workouts there Amy, but I can’t pass up the opportunity to demonstrate some cool resistance band moves in Hawaii! :)

Ooh, those questwiches look good! I’ll have to try those! I love Trader Joe’s lavash bread, but I haven’t thought to use them other than making wraps or pizzas! Enjoy Hawaii!!

Going dark for a few days so I will miss your Hawaii posts but will try to catch up later OR sneak a look at Instagram while I am supposed to be NOT looking at it! :)

Take it in – the run does not matter – enjoy the beauty!!!!

LOVE that TJs hot & sweet mustard as you know – put it on my veggies today!

I’m going dark while I’m there too, so we’ll miss each other. Just a few posts because I don’t want to miss anything while I’m there. :) HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love using resistance band moves – I can’t think of a favorite (too long of a day plus 2 glasses of wine:) but I always take my bands when I travel!!!

Madeline says:

I have a pair for the treadmill and a pair for outside. I normally wear Brooks, would love to try mizuno!

Chelsea says:

Oh man, I wish I would have seen your Questwiches before writing our latest blog post (a roundup of Quest Bar recipes)! They look great!