Warning: Declaration of StatigramWidget::widget($args) should be compatible with WP_Widget::widget($args, $instance) in /var/www/app/wp-content/plugins/instagram-image-gallery/plugin.php on line 0
The New No Grain Seedy Silk STUFT Bread

The New No Grain Seedy Silk STUFT Bread

I know I really should be writing a race recap, but recipes are easier to write. Recap posts take me forever because I don’t want to leave anything out. This last marathon in particular I have quite a bit to say and thoughts to share. I was on the course a LONG time. Ha ha.

After tossing and turning all night worrying about how this morning was going to go, it went surprisingly well.

My booty was on the treadmill by 5:30 am for 8 easy miles at 1.5 incline.

2014-09-09 06.45.192014-09-09 06.45.26

My legs were tired, but other than that all was good.

I was done, showered and ready to tackle the morning with the boys by 7:00 am. That RARELY happens although I always want it to. It might if I ever really get my act together. Ha.

I thought I was going to have to deal with at least a couple issues with my man hiding or resisting the first day of preschool today, but everything went relatively well.

I talked the boys into helping me make turkey and cheese sandwiches for lunch and having a chocolate salad “milkshake” with their breakfast. I was feeling pretty good.

2014-09-09 07.52.45

Randomly they were all about doing their hair this morning. Combing it over and asking me how it looked a bazillion times. Pretty funny stuff. They did a good job though don’t you think?

2014-09-09 08.02.58

It’s teddy bear week and by the time we were walking to the car we were all smiles.

2014-09-09 08.03.01

They were a little resistant to let me leave when we actually got to school, but so far so good. No phone calls yet.

Moving on….

I survived a week in Kauai without my beloved Silk almondmilk. I thought I might have to cave and buy some, but I didn’t.

You better believe it was one of the first things I stocked up on though once we got back home.

2014-09-07 18.30.59

I had a coupon for two half gallons at Target. I tend to always go with the unsweetened vanilla almondmilk, but I was noticing that they really have so many other options. I think I’m going to branch out a bit more and try some of the new coconut and soy milks they have next time.

Let’s talk bread.

I used to make No Grain STUFT Seedy Bread every week. In fact, the original recipe was posted the first day of preschool last year. How’s that for good timing? At least I have the boys in different outfits this year. Ha.

I hadn’t made seedy bread in forever, but felt like trying a new version the other day. I forgot how delicious not only homemade bread is, but this bread in particular.

I eliminated some of the sunflower seeds, but left enough in there for the crunch and flavor, used more coconut flour and added Silk almondmilk.

The result was darn fabulous.

So, here you go.

This bread is gluten free, dairy free, egg free and grain free.

This bread is awesome.

IMG_4486IMG_4492IMG_4498IMG_4500IMG_4503

I like it topped with guacamole or with coconut butter, NuttZo or SunButter and cinnamon.

Really though, you just can’t go wrong.

Have a good one!

Do you usually bake your own bread or buy it?

What’s your nondairy milk of choice? (almond, soy, coconut, etc.) Flavored and sweetened or plain and unsweetened? (I’m a vanilla flavored unsweetened gal.)

This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.

Comments

stacey says:

I love silk! I’ll have to try this new version. I have 2 loaves of the “original” STUFT bread in the freezer that I use for breakfasts. Can you let this one sit overnight as well? It works great for the other one!

I haven’t tried letting it sit out overnight. I was hesitant because of the almond milk, but if you try it will you let me know? I’ll try it for my next loaf. πŸ™‚

Denise says:

Do you remember where you got the labels for the boys lunch containers ?? With both my boys in some sort of school this year I NEED to label EVERYTHING & I would love labels that won’t fall off in an hour πŸ™‚ Hope the boys had a GREAT first day !!

Carlee says:

I’ve never made my own bread before, but it looks DELISH!! Maybe I should try it out πŸ˜‰ And PS YAY for the boys FIRST day!!

natasha says:

I am terrified about making my own bread but yours looks pretty darn easy and darn delicious but then I love all your “eats” since they seem as quirkily mishmashed as mine…that’s a compliment I swear (: Apparently it was also match you outfit to your teddy bear day…blue galore (: Enjoy the day….(:

Tricia says:

I can’t wait to read your race recap!!!

I don’t each much bread, so when I do, I usually just but it. My bread of choice is double fiber English muffins. As for nondairy milk, vanilla soy milk is my favorite!

Don’t you have anything to do in OC – you could bring some of that! πŸ˜‰

The boys – πŸ™‚ LOVE!

marti says:

only thing i don’t have is the psylium husk…do i need that? or can i sub with something else??

Kathee says:

What if you don’t have a convection oven?

Kate says:

Since I’m not baking in a convection oven, do you think it would turn out ok if I just left it in the pan the whole time or do I still need to take it out for a second bake? If I do need to take it out, what kind of texture am I looking for when the first baking process is finished? Thanks!

I’ve never left it in the pan, I did for the bagels and they were fine. I would definitely leave it in longer though. It takes awhile for it to bake. πŸ™‚ I always kind of leave mine under cooked. I’d say to try it by leaving it in the pan. the top gets light brown and crusty. Let me know how it turns out Kate!

1. […] about Seedy Silk STUFT Bread, those grapes and that new bench move from […]

2. […] with Scotty B’s bacon jalapeΓ±o hot sauce, pomegranate balsamic vinegar and then a slice of Seedy Silk STUFT Bread with goat cheese cream cheese and red pepper jam. It was […]

3. […] went great with my ginormous purple sweet potato with coconut oil and cinnamon and a slice of No Grain Seedy STUFT Silk Bread topped with goat cheese cream cheese and red pepper […]