The Rumors Are True, SPANX For Men and Two Monday Moves

I ran six miles early this morning on the treadmill. I planned on doing it first thing in the morning, but the morning didn’t go quite as planned. It rarely does.

2014-09-15 07.49.43

I was pressed for time so I picked up the pace to about a 7 minute mile for five miles after a warm-up mile. That was good for one Parenthood episode.

I got out of the shower and was still sweating. It’s so darn hot here right now. That’s just not okay. How am I supposed to feel all cozy and ready for fall with 100 degree weather?

I have my pumpkin and apple scented wallflowers ready, but refuse to plug them in until it cools off.

Looks like someone else is patiently waiting for some cooler weather too. I just found her in the corner of the pantry.

2014-09-15 09.06.31

I heard a rumor that kabocha squash was spotted at Trader Joe’s. I immediately had to go find out if that was true Sunday evening.

This is what I found.

2014-09-14 17.56.57

At $2.29 each, I might just be able to fit these back into our budget. I’ve fallen off the sweetener free roasted kabocha squash train lately, but if the weather ever starts to cool down I might have to jump back on it. I stocked up just in case.

2014-09-14 18.04.01

I also randomly spotted these kale sprouts that are a mix of Brussels sprouts and kale.

2014-09-14 18.10.30

I’m kind of excited to roast these babies up.

I got an email yesterday about the Zulily specials. It said something about SPANX for men.

What?

image

I really want to know if guys buy them. And if they wear them with aprons. Ha ha.

I do get really excited when they have SPANX on Zulily though. I’m a fan of the briefs.

image

Here are two moves for your Monday.

The first one is push ups with a T-stand, but with your hands on a step and your feet on a BOSU ball. I love this move just as is, but it was so fun last week to use the step and the BOSU for a fun variation.

2014-09-09 12.56.392014-09-09 12.57.002014-09-09 12.57.222014-09-09 12.57.45

Yes I was super sweaty after class last week, yes I tried to be all cute and girly in my Skirt Sports outfit and yes, I made a video of the move.

The other move I have for you is for entertainment purposes only. No explanation needed really, but it’s what happened after we got home from our Trader Joe’s overhaul.

I really should have seen it coming.

2014-09-14 18.46.082014-09-14 18.46.132014-09-14 18.46.202014-09-14 18.47.27

Yep. All four of my beloved kabochas fell out of the car when I opened the door. Only one fell on my foot, but we did have to search a bit to round them all up.

This one though. It really wanted to give me a hard time. Thought I’s share just in case you need to know the proper form to rescue a squash from under the car.

2014-09-14 18.50.402014-09-14 18.50.432014-09-14 18.50.492014-09-14 18.50.512014-09-14 18.50.532014-09-14 18.50.55-12014-09-14 18.50.56-22014-09-14 18.50.572014-09-14 18.50.57-12014-09-14 18.50.58-22014-09-14 18.50.592014-09-14 18.51.032014-09-14 18.51.06

You’re welcome. You might want to bookmark that in case you need it for later.

Ha ha.

Have a good one!

Does it feel like fall where you are yet?

What kind of groceries have fallen out of your car?

Comments

natasha says:

Ugh…I wish it were still hot but it’s definitely starting to cool off especially mornings and nights….down in the 50’s! I’m freezing though afternoons if the sun is out are great but still…I HATE winter with a passion.

I am starting to see kabocha too…local regular grocery store and Whole Foods. So excited since I”ve been trekking to the Korean market and then hoarding a bunch which is very heavy. I keep refraining from buying more locally until I work my way through my current stash but I’m sooooo tempted (:

I’m loving new hot sauces, pickled sweet ginger and pickled radishes plus new random apple varieties. The only good part of fall is I love squash, apples and crucifereous veggies. Weather sucks though ):

Where do you get your pickled ginger? I want to buy some!

• natasha says:

Pretty much any international market or asian/international section of supermarkets (WFoods and TJ’s might too) has them though I like the ones that don’t add sugar so I am picky (: Not sure what local stores are on your coast though since I”m in DC area. I’m addicted to it now along with pickled radishes…seriously you must try those too!

Sam says:

That screenshot of the spanx website made my whole entire week. I love how it looks like the blonde gal is eyeing Mr. spanx’s rear-end. Her expression is totally saying: “You can whip up a soufflé for me any time.”

As a male: I have never bought spanx, and I rarely wear aprons. However, if I WERE to try to cook wearing only spanx (or any underwear), I’d probably opt for an apron too, to avoid any dangerous splattering.

It’s been warm and sunny up here in Seattle too, though nowhere near 100 degrees–I’d have to wear spanx and an apron to work if it got that hot!

Isn’t it hilarious. I bought a pair just because of it. Kidding. Thought of you today because you asked me for glute exercises forever ago and I never gave any. We did some fun glute walking drills on the treadmill today is a training I went to.

Erica says:

You make me miss the days when I lived across the street from Trader Joe’s. I might have to make the hour trip there in the next few weeks!
    I read about the kale brussel sprouts in a magazine the other day and have been dying to try them. Let us know how they are!

Jennifer says:

I dropped a spaghetti squash on my toes. They didn’t break but they site turned pretty colors. I said I cooked that thing for revenge.

It just started to feel like fall this weekend – I was actually cold when I woke up this morning! The trees haven’t really started to change yet, but it is coming any day now.

Also: Kale Brussels sprouts?!? Those are two of my favorite things, I have to find some now! 🙂

Very much like fall here – lots of cool cloudy days lately – I’m not quite ready for this yet!!!
    Love the demo on squash rescuing!! I hate when stuff falls out of the car. Or worse, I hate when something like frozen limeade rolls under a seat and is only found when it busts open – not good!!!

no spanx you! lol…it’s actually called compression underwear =). Don’t forget to look up at your hand when doing your T so that your get a good stretch!

Joe says:

Warning, warning. Danger, danger. There’s been a kabocha escape in sector seven. Four unarmed mutants trying to get back home! One is a master of disguise, and the others have tremendous hiding skills.

Um, no thanks to male spanx.

Amber says:

I will trade you the Virginia fall weather for 100 degree days! I’m not ready for fall yet, but it’s in the 50’s when I wake up each morning and today’s high is only in the 70s 🙁

Still laughing from the man spanx haha

We have had a couple days in the upper 50s and low 60s, but its supposed to be 90 today. So not quite feeling like fall yet.

I’ve never actually had anything fall out of my car, but sometimes when bags are too full, I have a feeling I’m going to have one of those moments like Kevin in Home Alone had where your bags split and everything falls on the sidewalk. Fortunately, that hasn’t happened. Yet.

1. […] wasn’t too shabby. I finally roasted up some kabocha squash. I have to say even after my incident with them, they still managed to come out pretty […]