Warning: Declaration of StatigramWidget::widget($args) should be compatible with WP_Widget::widget($args, $instance) in /var/www/app/wp-content/plugins/instagram-image-gallery/plugin.php on line 0
Calling it Good at 11

Calling it Good at 11

Last night was a blast.

We really had no idea what we were getting into with Rock ‘n’ Roll Las Vegas Marathon. The whole 4:30 pm start time thing is interesting. It’s so darn nice doing the whole new race thing though with a friend and Erin just rocks my socks off.

2014-11-16 16.00.34

A full race recap will be on the way shortly, but right now I need to get my bootie back to California to face the Monday madness.

Let me just tell you though that running the Las Vegas Strip at night was such a blast.

2014-11-16 17.02.39

I also made one of the best decisions ever last night. I went into the race still open to the idea of possibly running the full marathon, and was still undecided by mile 5.

But, when that turn came up at the 15K mark when you could go back into the lights for the 1/2 marathon or turn right to go into some darker residential areas for the full marathon, well, I turned left.

It was a hard decision to not try to go be the hero, but it was the best decision ever. I ran comfortably and enjoyed every single second of the race.

2014-11-16 18.25.47

Last night I feel like I did what’s best. Sure, it’s always a little humbling, but I’m really happy and I feel great. I’ve done 11 full marathons just this calendar year. I’m calling that good.

Not to mention Erin and I were showered and in clean clothes and eating pizza at 8:00 pm rather than 10:00 pm. Now that’s a huge win, right?

2014-11-16 21.08.29

Have a wonderful Monday!

Comments

Good for you! Vegas is meant for fun anyway. I ran the strip when I was there a few weeks ago. It was so fun – I did it in the morning and I think some people were still out from the night before!

I haven’t done a race with such a late start before, I think that would be hard to adjust for eating and such.

I’m glad you decided to stick to the half and enjoy the race! 🙂

RFC says:

11 marathons in one year? You are crazy .
    (I mean that as compliment 😛 )

Probably a great decision! Can’t wait to hear more about it. One logistical question – since your marathon bib said half, how does that work with them figuring out your timing and which medal to give you?

Chrissy says:

Good for you! A half marathon is still HUGE so soon after a full marathon. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

When I got to the split off I was wondering which way you would go and I was also wondering which way my sister would go. She signed up for the Full but was having IT band issues. She ended up finishing the Full but said it wasn’t worth it. You didn’t miss anything out that long dark road! Glad you had a good time!

Glad you had a great time! And good for you for turning left and just have a good, fun, comfortable run 🙂

Erica says:

Good for you! 11 fulls is a crazy awesome accomplishment!!!

Congratulations! It sounds like you made the best decision for you. 11 fulls in one year is absolutely amazing. Glad you had a good time!

“There’s a time to really step it up, go big and push yourself and then there’s a time to step back and just give yourself a break.” <–nailed it!

Emz says:

You’re the best my friend.

Harlan says:

I ran the full last night (my first marathon), and besides running down Fremont St a couple of times, you didn’t miss a thing. Just darkness, hills, and water stands. You definitely made the right decision. There are plenty of other marathons to really go for it. Vegas is all about the excitement of running under the lights. I will probably be doing the half next year so I can focus on having fun, and enjoying the rest of the events. It sounds like you had an awesome time, and I look forward to reading your recap.

You have done tons of full marathons, I say taking it all in and just enjoying the half and dinner in Vegas was the right call for sure.

Good for you! Can’t wait for the recap.

love that you made your decision last minute!! Look forward to the recap 🙂

I’m glad you made that choice and then ended up enjoying the race and being happy!!!