Blooming With Another New Grain Free Bread

Easy pace run on the treadmill to start the day. I thought it would be harder to wake up than it was. Tomorrow might be a different story though. Ha.

My legs were tired, but the cute movie helped.

2015-01-07 04.57.38

Seriously cute movie. Stuck in Love. Steve Carell. Love him. Loved the movie.

I went with a morning smoothie afterwards to simplify breakfast a bit.

2015-01-07 07.42.53-1

In the smoothie- 3/4 a cup egg whites, 1 cup Silk Almondmilk, a scoop of Vega One vanilla protein powder, a packet of Stevia in the raw, 2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder and a few ice cubes. Mmm hmm…

It went great with my ginormous purple sweet potato with coconut oil and cinnamon and a slice of No Grain Seedy STUFT Silk Bread topped with goat cheese cream cheese and red pepper jam.

2015-01-07 07.42.02

Speaking of bread, there’s a new bread in town. It’s gluten and grain free and made with eggs, plantains and Silk Almondmilk.

I’m sure there’s no surprise that I have another bread recipe, right? Ha.

I’m also sure there’s no surprise when I say that I have a serious obsession with Silk Almondmilk. I’ve said it before, but I buy it in bulk from Costco. They carry my favorite kind (Unsweetened Vanilla). I use it in place of milk for just about everything and am still waiting for Starbucks to start using it in their beverages.

Until then though, I just make my own healthy almondmilk mochas in the Starbucks cups. It’s pretty much the same thing, only healthier and cheaper. Ha.

Pretty impressive foam, right?

Anyhoo….

I was experimenting over the weekend with a new bread recipe since I had a few ripe plantains and am always in need of bread to freeze for easy, healthy snacking.

I came up with a new variation.

It’s grain free, dairy free and even has a little protein and fiber. Not to mention it can be served up a bazillion different ways, is super easy to throw together and freezes well.

Here you go friends.

Here’s a little picture tutorial for you.

IMG_5037IMG_5038IMG_5039IMG_5042IMG_5045

My favorite way to eat it is slightly toasty with chocolate NuttZo.

Actually any nut butter will do.

There you go. Just another STUFT bread recipe.

See you soon!

Do you have a favorite homemade bread recipe?

Do you drink or use almondmilk? If so, what is your favorite way to use it? Drinks, baking, homemade ice cream, etc.

This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.

Comments

I’ve never heard of that movie but I love Steve Carrell so I’m sure I would enjoy it.
    I bet those early morning wake-ups are starting to feel more and more natural.

Silk is my life! Unsweetened original almond milk is my all time favorite! Right now I am loving on the unsweetened cashew too though!

stacey says:

If this is anywhere near as good as your other breads it will be a winner! I make your other ones with the coconut flour (both versions) every week! They are sooooooo good toasted and smeared with some Nuttzo!

I’ve never heard of that movie but definitely going to check it out now. I love cheese & red pepper jelly. Such an amazing combination together!

Michelle Kim says:

Watching something fun while running on my treadmill always gets me through a run when I’m tired :)
    Yum! The no-grain bread with the Nuttzo looks good!

Stepfanie says:

Do you think this would this work with regular bananas??

Andrea D. says:

I loved that movie Stuck in Love! So Indie… but it is actually Greg Kinnear not Steve Carell :)

That bread looks and sounds delish! Did you use ripe or green plantains? :)

Never mind! I see in the post you used ripe. Will be trying this!

elizabeth says:

They were selling Nutzzo at the Costco in Santa Rosa in September, do they sell it at your Costco?

Purelytwins says:

Can you believe we had nutzzo for the first time over the holidays/? crazy!! so good

and yay plantains :)

Heather Baedke says:

Wondering if you could use pumpkin in the recipe? Also could I use something in place of the husk? I can not find it around here.

I haven’t found anything that can replace the husk. I have made a bread with just plantains and egg whites though and it’s good. It might be okay without. Worth a try. Not sure about the pumpkin. For some reason I’m thinking it wouldn’t work well. Maybe I’ll test it out for you though. Ha.

Melissa Prange says:

I used to always drink almond or almond/coconut milk. But now that my grocery store FINALLY sells Silk Cashew milk, I might not ever drink anything else again!! ;)

Melissa says:

Another STUFT bread recipe I must try!

I make my protein loaf that I love but this looks delish too! I use almond milk in my protein loaf & other things & love my Skoop init! :)