Old and New Fit Friends, a Strength Video and an Ab Routine

texas chainsaw massacre 3d leatherface

chainsaw chaps I try to do the Meatless Monday thing. The key word is try since every week is a bit different, but in case you do it and need an easy salad for lunch or dinner you should try adding baked tofu to it. I’ve had this salad at least three times over the past week which was inspired by Coach Elizabeth and her tofu recipe creations.

stark chainsaw 2015-07-23-20.41.19_thumb

chainsaw hire I got the savory marinated tofu from Trader Joe’s, cut it in cubes and then baked it at 400 just until it got crispy. Then I piled it on my ginormous salad compiled of butter lettuce, organic broccoli, Trader Joe’s cilantro dressing, Scotty B’s bacon jalapeño hot sauce, crushed red pepper and Trader Joe’s smoke seasoning. Oh heck yes. I have never really been a tofu fan, but things have changed now. This salad has just knocked my socks off. Woot!

I’m into this new routine of running a little less, but adding more strength training. Yesterday I didn’t do any cardio, but I did this video I found from my man Bob Harper.

Pick up those weights friends!

It was harder than I expected it to be and had to get lighter weights for the shoulder parts. It’s an hour long and I was impressed. I’m even a little sore today and that’s always a good thing, isn’t it?

2015-07-26 10.25.37

It brought back memories though. Remember those days when I made those Team Bob videos with him?

It was so long ago. I hope he misses me. Ha ha.

The next workout I do is going to be this one since I’m in it. Ha ha.

There I am in the blue tank. :)

I have a new awesome friend in my life and her named Katie. I met her on Instagram (@katiesfitscript) and adore her. She is super inspiring, has the most amazing abs ever, is an amazing athlete and knows everything and more about using counting macros to get to your goal weight.

Because of her I’m jumping on the macro counting train AND starting to focus on my abs which I’ve neglected since forever.

After my little strength session yesterday I did this workout that I came up with laying in bed the night before.

2015-07-26 17.51.52

I only made it twice through the circuit since the boys got over trying to help me count to 50 pretty quickly and started finding a few too many things in the boxes of things we were donating.

2015-07-26 10.32.58

Ha.

Oh, I guess I did get a little cardio in because I took all those bags there to Goodwill. I got a good sweat on cleaning out the house and loading all those up.

Mondays could always use a little extra motivation so thought I’d share some of my favorites from over the weekend with you. It’s so nice to just slow down and focus on being a better person. I’ve always used being too busy as an excuse for everything, but finally things are changing and I’m learning so much.

The first one is from Katie.

2015-07-26 07.06.46

This one is from Lysa TerKeurst. I’m currently doing one of her devotionals and it’s awesome.

2015-07-26 16.52.27

Here are just a couple more.

2015-07-26 07.51.052015-07-26 07.04.30

Oh and random, but I got all creative yesterday and made each of the boys a special tooth holder for the tooth fairy.

2015-07-26 13.19.38

Pretty cute huh? Empty Nuun containers covered with contact paper. Classy.

WE had one minor scare when we found the container open and had to search for the missing tooth, but we got it and we had a special visitor last night.

2015-07-27 06.06.18

Have a wonderful week!

Comments

elizabeth says:

I have see her abs and they are amazing, no way mine would ever look like that, no matter what I did and I am thin. Do you think you could get your abs to look like Katie’s?
    I love tofu, but don’t usually bake it. I like to cut it in slices, then press water out between two baking sheets and then fry it in a skillet using just a bit of coconut oil and salt.

Kudos to the tooth fairy….looks like she came through perfectly with his smile and all!!

Heather says:

Do you mind sharing what video of Bobs you did? I am in need of some new workouts?

The videos are embedded in the post and you can just click on them and it should take you straight to the videos on YouTube. If that doesn’t work let me know.

Lauren says:

Fellow twin mom chiming in on ab work post-multiples.

I had an 8.5 width diastasis after having my boys – it was the worst case my physio had ever seen! With a lot of hard work and rehab with a physiotherapist, I was able to close the gap and get back to running.

Two things …

1) You should definitely do some reading on exercises that won’t further exacerbate your diastasis. Things like v-sits, crunches, etc. will all actually make your abs WORSE, not better! Really the only thing I’m permitted to do is planks, even though I’ve closed the gap.

2) Honestly, I really don’t think it’s realistic to want your abs to look the way they did pre-pregnancy, and that’s OK! Being able to give birth to 2 babies at the same time is an incredible blessing, and an incredible strain on your body. I’ve accepted that my bod will just never be the same, and that post-twins is a time to focus on your body’s function rather than appearance. I’m back to running and love it, and that’s really all that matters.

Oh I didn’t have great abs before the kids, but I have no goal to get the same ones back. My whole body is different and I cherish it and my c-section scar. :) Thanks for the tips.

Julie says:

Um – I’m a bit confused at your response to Lauren’s comment (above).

From a couple posts ago: “I’m on a mission to see if there’s any way to get my pre-twin abs back. I don’t think there is with the whole diastasis issue, but we’re giving it a shot.”

Love the tooth fairy idea! Bob Harper is pretty awesome… i’d have to admit, I’d never do the workout I’m in! I cringe every time I upload a new workout video i’ve shot! Just need to get over it!

Joe says:

The tooth fairy made an excellent choice for monetary compensation. One dollar was the going rate in our household as well. But the tooth fairy was always too busy to leave a note! Must be fewer teeth to collect these days.

3:00 plank: hahahaha. I wish! Something to work towards though, right? ;)
    The tooth holders are so cute!!

Kelly says:

So, I’m training for Chicago but also trying to run a little less while training and put some focus on strength training. I love it. ALso trying to slow down and realize that training isn’t my life. It’s just a piece of the pie but I don’t want to miss other things while I train. I plan to run a little less after Chicago. Anyway, LOVE those quotes. Lisa T. is one of my absolute faves. Can’t go wrong with anything that comes out of her mouth=) Have a great Thursday!!!